Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Oral Cancer

Possible Oral Cancer

Last week I noticed an area in the *very* back of my mouth was hurting when I brushed. I appear to have a sore or an irritated area back there and it is still there and hurting now over a week later.

I'm very concerned this is oral cancer. I am 30 and have never smoke or drank in my life.

However, I am worried somehow I have gotten oral cancer. If it was anything else, it would have been gone by now after having over a week to heal. This leaves me, unfortunately, with oral cancer as the only possible explanation. Possibly from HPV or something?

This is unbelievably depressing to potentially have this cancer at a young age.

Re: Possible Oral Cancer

You don't potentially have cancer. You have had a sore that's lasted 7 days. It could be irritated from food or anything and could take longer to heal. It does NOT mean you have cancer and that isn't the only explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some other symptoms are starting to make sense now. I realized my lymph node under my jaw on that side has been a little sore / swollen. I've also been having a little ear pain on that side and a sore throat.

This all makes the picture clearer and I think really confirms the possibility of cancer on that side.

Things it can't be: canker sore, would not last this long and would not cause other symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Some other symptoms are starting to make sense now. I realized my lymph node under my jaw on that side has been a little sore / swollen. I've also been having a little ear pain on that side and a sore throat.

This all makes the picture clearer and I think really confirms the possibility of cancer on that side.

Things it can't be: canker sore, would not last this long and would not cause other symptoms.

Seriously? If it's a sore lymph node it is infected meaning not cancer. I have one under my jaw it's normal anatomy. It doesn't confirm anything at all apart that you are googling this like mad. You have had it for a week mouth sores take up to 3 weeks to clear up as your mouth is in use a lot.

Honestly get help with your anxiety this is irrational and saying you have "possible cancer" when you don't at all is disrespectful to people who actually possibly could have cancer - you know the ones with urgent tests and a doctor telling them it's possible.

Weren't you also sure you had ALS?

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    Weren't you also sure you had ALS?

I've just seen his other threads. Jesus.

The pain is so bad. I think the cancer must be pretty advanced by now and is eating directly into my jaw bone.

Yes I have been scared of other disease but this is perhaps the most convinced I have been thus far just because of the pain and the symptoms being the most undeniable.

Are you actually being serious? You have a child for god sake, if it's that bad go to the a&e.

You're telling me in 4 hours you have all these symptoms, cancer doesn't happen like that in 4 hours.

Pretty advanced cancer has other symptoms which you probably know considering you have convinced yourself of nearly every disease on here, you're extremely lucky to be in good health - some people on this forum aren't.

If you carry this on your child will pick up on it and it isn't a fair environment for the child, get mental help.

The symptoms started over a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    The symptoms started over a week ago.

You had a sore in your mouth over a week ago, you're obsessed with cancer it's honestly not normal. You need help because it's starting to sound like you want everything to be the worst case scenario.

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information