Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had a neck lump like this??

Anyone had a neck lump like this??

I've got a small, hard, slightly moveable lump in my neck.

It's fairly high up, higher up than the thyroid, sort of on my larynx or hyoid bone, and just left of centre. Seems painless. I've got a vague memory of finding this lump years ago but really not sure if I did or not. So it might be old, might be new!

I've heard that 1 in 20 neck lumps are cancer?! I'll go to the doctor, but just wondering if anyone else has had this...
    Last edited by O_O; 15-10-17 at 20:16.

Re: Anyone had a neck lump like this??

Thanks Dave. I'm 28. I know it is unlikely, but I can't stop worrying. To be honest, it does feel sort of smooth and spherical which I know isn't typical of cancer.

I'll see the doc anyway

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I've heard that 1 in 20 neck lumps are cancer?!
    UGH! Is this fact ?? Lumps are miserable for HAers.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    UGH! Is this fact ?? Lumps are miserable for HAers.
    Nooooo!.... It's not fact for goodness sakes!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I spoke to the doctor and she thinks it's nothing. Just a little gland or lymph node or something. She says it might be temporary or permanent. My anxiety keeps telling me that there aren't any glands or nodes in that particular spot... but I know I just need to try to listen to the doctor!

Just an update. It's been a while, but the node seems to have become smaller. I can still feel it a bit, but it doesn't seem so pronounced. So, even though there seems to be no particular reason for it, it definitely doesn't look like it's anything bad!

Why do you always think you know better than the doctors? Also not sure why you thought you needed to 'update' us about this, the thread is from last year so why add to it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    Why do you always think you know better than the doctors? Also not sure why you thought you needed to 'update' us about this, the thread is from last year so why add to it now?
    Errrrrm...

a) I said I agreed with the doctor's diagnosis.

b) I updated because I know that when I read other people's threads I always like to know how they got on and if their symptoms resolved.

But, erm, I guess I'll just go and hide now... in this nice dark corner... with the shadows.

Yeah, carry on with the little dramas if you want to Jenny. I've just seen the revival of another of your threads from last year, the one about the medication you should've taken and didn't. ...with your "ah well thats just me l guess" act again to get yet more reaction.

I agree that your post on this old thread tonight is more positive, but i'm curious as to why you think we want to know about it. The other old thread you've bumped tonight about meds you were given last year isn't positive at all and is...as you well know...revived by you to once again start up the reactions you love so much.

You need to stop this behaviour and seek help beyond the internet. I find your total disregard for those trying to help you on this forum quite breathtaking. On the other that you've bizarrely revived tonight about not taking the meds, people actually replied on it at that time, yet you've returned to it with no thanks to them, belated or otherwise.

I really just thought that people liked to know the conclusion to things. I know I do, with other people's posts. That's all! I can't get to sleep so I thought I'd close off a couple of threads that hadn't been concluded. No harm meant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information