Thread: Not anxiety related

Not anxiety related

For the past two days my big toe joint has been giving me excruitiating pain when I move it or walk. The type of pain that has made me scream on numerous occasions. It's a pain that is coming from my joint and my toe feels stiff.

I didn't want to Google it as I don't want to set myself off. So I just wondered of anyone knows what it could be?

Re: Not anxiety related

Best to see your doctor if it's causing that much pain. Just a wild guess but I have gout. It affects the big toe joint in my left foot and it's absolutely excruciating when I get an attack. But it would be obvious as the joint swells and turns red.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Id say gout

Yep, sounds like gout. Is your toe swollen or red around the joint?

My toe it completely normal, no swelling or redness just pain when moving it. I feel as though it has gone a little now and only hurts when I put pressure on it when standing up

Do you do any kind of exercise, like running or dancing, that puts a lot of strain/impact on your feet? I'm a runner, and I had what sounds like the same thing about a year ago. I never went to the doctor for it, because I assumed it was a running overuse injury. I did google that particular one--none of the possibilities are really all that scary. The worst is arthritis, which in extreme cases requires surgery, but that would be unusual unless you had injured it previously or were doing a lot of high impact activity (but if you're a marathoner or professional dancer, it's something to consider). Most likely you've just got a soft tissue injury, like tendonitis. That was my problem and I got a lot of relief from taping, reducing my activity (no high impact exercise and keeping walking to a minimum) and making sure I wore flat shoes for a few weeks. The big thing was not to strain the tendons too much, so stretching it to "see how it feels" ended up aggravating it more and set me back a week. Also, the pain was worse first thing in the morning because the tendons tighten up overnight. I think if it already feels like it's getting better, you can probably try just giving it a week or so of limited activity before seeing a doctor. It may not be 100% by then, but you should notice improvement at least if it's a tendon injury. If you want to try the taping, you can find videos on YouTube by searching for "turf toe taping".

it could be gout or possibly a bone spur. But gout sounds more like the issue here ask your doc to check your sed rate

It isn't as bad as it was. I'm a waitress so constantly on my feet, plus I changed my shoes so I'm guessing it is work related

Could it be arthritis?

Thread Information