Thread: Small pains under bottom left rib

Small pains under bottom left rib

Hey guys, was just worrying over this pain. I tend to get this occasional pain, which I can pretty much pinpoint over one of my lower left ribs, slightly off to the side. It's not a major pain, it just a minor thing I occasionally feel.

I'm a 20 year old male, who is fairly healthy, I hope at least haha. Tall and thin, don't smoke or drink. The only thing I do have is pretty bad posture, with kyphosis and probably also some sclerosis. Bowel habits are all over the place at times, but never any blood or mucus.

Anyone else ever feel this sort of localized pain over lower left ribs and has any idea?

Re: Small pains under bottom left rib

Quote Originally Posted by thyer64 View Post
    Hey guys, was just worrying over this pain. I tend to get this occasional pain, which I can pretty much pinpoint over one of my lower left ribs, slightly off to the side. It's not a major pain, it just a minor thing I occasionally feel.

I'm a 20 year old male, who is fairly healthy, I hope at least haha. Tall and thin, don't smoke or drink. The only thing I do have is pretty bad posture, with kyphosis and probably also some sclerosis. Bowel habits are all over the place at times, but never any blood or mucus.

Anyone else ever feel this sort of localized pain over lower left ribs and has any idea?
    Yes, I've had this exact thing since August. I finally went to the dr. Had an x ray and blood work etc. Turned out to be gas and constipation. It still happens on and off, but knowing what it is helps. Possibly IBS. I don't have an IBS diagnosis, but she mentioned it a few times and I have a GI DR appt in a couple of weeks. It's a common pain for IBS bc of trapped gas...slower mobility in the left side etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Might be chostochondritis. I suffer this on my bottom right ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post
    Might be chostochondritis. I suffer this on my bottom right ribs.
    Good call on the costo. I also have this occasionally. Had it bad a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thread Information