Thread: Help with withdrawal

Help with withdrawal

Hi Guys - this is a repost from the natural therapy section as i didnt get many answers:

Please help. I am currently weaning off 20mg seroxat after 7 years! i started tapering at the beginning of Aug and am now on 12mg/6ml seroxat liquid.
    I was taking seroxat for anxiety maily with slight depression. I got married in July and felt ready to come off as i want to try for a family when completely off the meds.

I am doing the tapering very gradually - reducing 2mg/1ml every 21 days. At the beginning it was ok, now it is a nightmare!!! i cant stop crying and am very down - my poor husband wasnt bargaining for this!!

Anyway - i was wondering what you could recommend to help with the withdrawal. I keep heaing about Omega 3 or omega 3/6/9, vit B / Vit b complex (whats the difference between the normal and complex?) and evening primrose. I am especially bad when my period is due.

Please can you tell me what would help, if these vitamins are safe and how i take them.

Thank you so much.

Otis xxx

Hi Otis, I am reducing my meds to but I am on Cipralex, but still an antidepressant. Two weeks ago I dropped mine from 20mg to 15mg, and I will stay with 15mg for months and try to do it really gradual, even if I have to stay at 15mg for a year its better than coming off fully then having to end up going back on full dose. If you are feeling that bad I would stay at what you have reduced to and don’t loser the dose anymore for a few months at least. We have been on these meds for years. So another year or two to come off isn’t going to hurt us? I will be happy just to reduce for a while as even cutting out a quarter of my dose is an achievement. Take care; hope it goes well for you. Vernon

Thread Information