Thread: Low blood pressure??

Low blood pressure??

Hi everyone, have been feeling really dizzy this week and wondered if there was any way i could check my own blood pressure. I read somewhere about counting your pulse beats but can't remember how to do it and whether or not this told you your pressure! Not very good with this kind of stuff and can't keep going to Dr's to ask them to check it! Also my ears are a bit poppy but this has been for ages now. Probably all related but need to put my mind at rest. Thanx KT x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

You need to get a blood pressure monitor for use at home - they vary in price - mine was about £50!

Sometimes the GP will loan you one for a while to monitor it at home - ask them - you never know!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thanx Nicola, do you know anything about checking your pulse and what does it tell you? KT x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Checking your pulse tells you nothing useful about your blood pressure at all.

If you've been and had it checked at the doctors and it was ok then its still ok. The trend of your blood pressure doesn't alter quickly . When you're anxious its likely to be higher temorarily

If you're on betablockers it may be lower - otherwise its likely to just be anxiety dizziness..

Spaced out : Spaciness
    Dizzy : Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light headed Light Headed

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thread Information