Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Re: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Hey Guys, trust me you can get over this, well mine lasted for about a year but eventually you will get over it. its just a thought in the end. i read through these threads again and i wonder what i was afraid of before. 2 years down the line i am completely ok i am just now more aware of the fact i have slight anxiety which i have put under control to an extent i believe i am cured. just keep having a positive outlook on life, change ur routine of things, stay positive, remember positivity rules all. love life, get a job, change a job, just be constant with change, leave ur town have new experiences (positive( just keep changing ur routine so fast your mind wont have time to process negativity. one important fact...always be around people. keep ur mind occupied. Pray and meditate.

This brought me to tears, im so afraid im going to be the odd one out, three years for me, why cant it go away?
    Did you feel like you believed it at one point bee? That it was true? Did it just start fading on its own? I know I can't disprove it or fight with it and it hurts so bad.

anyone got more refutations of solipsism?

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    anyone got more refutations of solipsism?
    From my experience, refutations against solipsism are just as null and void as arguments for it when it comes to logic. Partially, because yes- you cannot out-logic the absence of logic or the equivalent of a logical black hole. But most importantly because when we keep constantly repeating "other minds do exist, because [ fill in the blank ]" it's in the same fear response as "other minds don't exist because...". In other words, we're focused on the same subject--minds, which is the fundamental problem related to the OCD aspect here.

We have to recognize our bodies, our emotions and our spirit/soul (if you believe in those) as well as our minds. To focus exclusively on thought/mind/reality/perspective etc is to lose track of the other important parts of who we are. Our emotions, senses, intuition, communication, relationships and our physical connection the world around us need to be focused on just as much as our "minds". We're holistic, whole creatures, and to focus solely on the "mind" constantly and to debate our minds and reality by using our minds, of course we're going to feel like we're slipping and losing our mind.

If you can allow yourself to silence or at least calm the mental chatter, you can just tell yourself it's safe and acceptable to just be, just be present, even for a certain moment or time in the day. Give yourself a vacation from the stuff about minds, about solipsism, about reality. For like several hours a day or one day a week or whatever. It will always be there for you the other 6 days, whenever you want it back. Just literally give yourself permission to escape from it all--you time. Naturally, your OCD will label this idea or urge as you "being ignorant or blind to ultimate truth" or whatever your obsessions have constructed. I know, I've been there. But trust me, it's a way out, as much as your OCD will try and tell you otherwise. If you have to, just tell your OCD "even if I dont yet know the answer, or if im feeling like the theory's true, I'm going to take a break from thinking about it or arguing or considering for or against it, and just let myself be for a little while without feeling any kind of shame, guilt, etc." But for a set aside time, so you can relax, meditate, chill to music, take a drive, etc. Continue to do this and take more days and time over time and you will see that relaxing your headspace and just being present is much more satisfying and good than trying to "figure it all out". You don't need a logical refutation to not believe in solipsism. You just need to be, and intuitively let your senses be as they are and body be as it is. Your mind will follow.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

To add, I think one of the main fuel for a lot of this (though can be complex as its prob different for everyone) is a general desire to feel that everything is okay or going to be okay, that you're protected, and that more importantly, there are things out there larger than you and that you are not the authority or decision maker on everything, and that whatever happens is going to be okay. This is true, whether you know it or not. We were brought into a world and life that only requires us to just be. Live our lives. Love ourselves and the people around. Be good to ourselves and one another, and it will be all good. It's always all good. That's the truest truth I know.
    Last edited by Chasingmyowntail; 30-07-17 at 19:28.

Solipsism is refuted by General Anaesthesia. Both forms, Epistemological and Metaphysical. If you think about it. Solipsism is a concept based on one thing - DECEPTION. You were born into this world. Your belly button proves it. You can't deny that. Other minds just like yours exist with independent consiousnesses. The past certainly existed. Everything is real. I believe understanding Natural Law will cure and allow you to understand truth exists. But of course you have OCD (like me). So this thing will **** with you for a while. Have hope, we are in this together.

Good tips shared here! I used to have this obsession for months. Still get some intrusive thoughts about it but they don't bother me anymore. What people need to realize is that OCD is all about patterns. The superficial themes are not important. The obsessions always present themselves in something that is the most feared scenario for the sufferer. What is important is to learn one's own ways of reacting to uncertainty. We cope, we avoid, we control... these ways of trying to make the uncertainty go away actually fuel the ocd. Without compulsions there are no obsessions. Cut out the compulsions and eventually your obsessions will start to fade. No matter what your theme is! It wont be easy and it will hurt but it's definitely worth it.

Yes. Well said. I was talking about this with a friend, and since he knew what this was (the solipsism) and had no ocd, he was like, that would be cool. But even he said it's bullshit. Once people who have this solipsistic OCD understand this, they will recover. I'm still recovering...

trying to figure out the problem of solipsism is a compulsion. You won't be able to get a permanent aha moment by just thinking about your obsession more and more. That just throws you deeper into yiur obsession. I speak from my own experience. Don't try to find a solution but keep on living and doing the things you value every day while!! having the thought in your head.

Guys remember one fact when it comes to this shit idea. You were born, you have a belly button, you were given birth just like everyone else. And most importantly,

'TWO MINDLESS PEOPLE CANNOT GIVE BIRTH TO ONE MIND' ie. Your parents (if they are fake) wouldn't have given birth to you if they did not have a mind. Only two minds can give birth to a mind. Remember this and Solipsism is defeated. It is just a blind belief concept with absolutely NO proof. You have desires like everyone else. Everyone has a mind like yourself. Drugs affect the way you think just like it affects others minds. You'll have to be a very sick person to accept bullshit of solipsism. Heed my words. This is truth. And remember to study natural law. But I know this will not be enough to cure the OCD. Please hold in there. I believe there is light at the end of this nightmare. Once we come out of this tunnel, we will be among the strongest people.

Solipsism is no different than believing in pink elephants. They're both bullshit beliefs
    Last edited by djsouthboi247; 04-11-17 at 14:40.

Your belly button proves that you exist, your surrounding exists, other minds exist and truth exists. That's why it never went away. It's proof that you were born into this world like every other baby. And that you and others have individual minds and Consiousnesses. You can't deny this. If you do, you are delusional and have been bullshitted. Period. Truth said.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information