Thread: dr says im too fat!!

dr says im too fat!!

been to my gp today as i have been having pain in my leg due to using the vibration power plate and also for repeat prescription of the pill

she informed me im on the borderline of being too fat for the pill,

i know im not thin and i could do with losing a stone or 2 but im a 14 top and 16 bottom so im not huge

i am due to start slimming world next week,and im only on the pill for my hormones but i just thought what she said was wrong,does anyone else agree

Re: dr says im too fat!!

My opinion

I think your doctor has a bloomin cheek. Do they want us all to walk about like cloned stick insects. I think as long as we feel comfortabe, healthy and happy with ourselves then what right do they have to say anyone is too fat.

Lol rant over

Love Lisa
    xxxx

Hi Jennie,

I don't think she probably meant it in a bad way, but she has to follow guidelines and advice on prescribing the medication to you. Firstly to safeguard herself and just to make you aware of an increased risk of being nearer the borderline weight, although it is im sure just precautionary.
    I just would like to wish you all the best in joining slimming world , by the way ive found my group to be great. I lost about 3 st but ive had some personal probs and have put a stone back on , but am joining back nxt week.
    They really motivate you and it is a good way of healthy eating and not starving yourself, let us know how you get on.
    Happy New Year.

xx

hi lisa,
    i said to my partner what size do the drs want us to be? is a size 12 fat these days?? no wonder there is eating disorders

Tell that doc to stick it cuz you aren't fat!!!!

I think our whole society is being programmed to believe that being rail thin is beautiful! Look at the great paintings from way back. All voluptuous women!
    Marlyn Monroe was an American size 12 which I think translates to British size 16!!!
    And when one thinks of a blond bombshell she is who is thought of first!!!!
    And now, I read an article that stated that the average size for a model is a size zero but the national average for a woman is a size 14!
    If you want to get fit then I am all for toning muscles and building endurance but losing weight just to fit some "standard" set by someone else, HELL NO!!!
    Sorry it just really gets my blood boiling that a doctor would be so ignorant!!!
    Grrrrrr
    LOL
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Well said Sandy!!! HERE HERE!!

Jennie

I remember going for my 6weeks check up after giving birth to my son. I was lying on the couch while the doc poked and prodded about my stomach, then he says...'Lisa you still have a bit of a belly there'!.... I was like well you grow something the size of a bloomin Pumpkin inside you for 9 months, eat the oddest things known to mankind, squeeze it out through one of the smallest orifeces in the human body, then come bk to me and show me what your ruddy stomach looks like! Cheeky so and so he was! Lol

xxx

just wanted to add tht maybe the doctor could have went about it in a nicer manner, but they probably do have to meet guidelines about prescribing certain meds, but i do totally agree with what evryone has been saying about this stick thin nonsense, since when has a size zero been healthy..... i went to order a nike zip through top, and im a 16 ,but i do like them a bit bigger and guess what size 16 was deemed as X large... WTF !!!since when has tht been XL.
    So i really do think tht attitudes have to change about what is being a healthy weight for every individual, not what is good for everyone as a whole like being a size zero xx

hi jen mate, thats terrible for your doc to say that and u r not fat mate, a size 14 is average size. take no notice matey and only lose weight if u want too not because u think u should.

hugs xxxx

You're not fat hun, your doctor had a cheek saying that, completely ignore itI'm a size 12/14 and proudxx

Thread Information