Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rash/spots on penis head.

Re: rash/spots on penis head.

Yea they probably would have done. From your post I'm assuming that you went to the docs after trying antifungal creams?

No i went to the GUM clinic 3 weeks ago where the Dr there said it was either thrush or an allergic reaction to something. The tests i took all come back clear the other day , so it doesn't look like it's thrush. I am currently waiting for a Dr's appointment which is this Friday.

Had a look last night and it looks a bit better, the spot have gone and there is just a couple of small blotches left. Looks a lot better then when it first appeared anyway. Fingers crossed it's on the mend.

So i went to the doctors and she said it looks thrush related. I'm totally confused as i would have thought the swab they took at the GUM clinic would have detected any fungus or bacteria. Anyway they give me some new cream so hopefully it works.

Worriedmale,
    Glad that you finally have a diagnosis. It does seem odd that they didn't pick it up at the GUM clinic: perhaps they were not checking for fungus as technically Candia albicans (aka thrush) is not a sexually transmitted infection. It's also worth pointing out that in some individuals candida is present all the time however, it is only when numbers exceed what the body can cope with that things can become a problem - perhaps your sample did not exceed the minimum level of fungus to be regarded as an infection? Anyway, it doesn't matter now - you've got the the end of what's been bothering you.

That said, thrush isn't serious and in most cases is just an irritant. If you are having unprotected sex it's worth putting on a condom as your partner may be keeping the infection going (candida is normally found in the vagina, albeit at low levels).

Hope things clear up

Quote Originally Posted by Jimgym View Post
    Worriedmale,
    Glad that you finally have a diagnosis. It does seem odd that they didn't pick it up at the GUM clinic: perhaps they were not checking for fungus as technically Candia albicans (aka thrush) is not a sexually transmitted infection. It's also worth pointing out that in some individuals candida is present all the time however, it is only when numbers exceed what the body can cope with that things can become a problem - perhaps your sample did not exceed the minimum level of fungus to be regarded as an infection? Anyway, it doesn't matter now - you've got the the end of what's been bothering you.

That said, thrush isn't serious and in most cases is just an irritant. If you are having unprotected sex it's worth putting on a condom as your partner may be keeping the infection going (candida is normally found in the vagina, albeit at low levels).

Hope things clear up
    If it's thrush then why didn't the anti-fungal treatments i used clear it up?

At the end of the day this is nature and things can't always be 100% explained. Some people can just get reoccuring thrush which comes and goes over time. Worrying about this thing doesn't help either - thrush is more common in stressed individuals because stress leads to a reduced immune response.

Thanks for the information.

I have been prescribed Hydrocortisone cream. Not sure what is different about it from the canesten cream is was using but i will give it a try.

I just want this thing to go. I can't bare to look at my penis at the moment.

Hi, I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I'm not sure hydrocortisone cream is a good thing to put on your winky? :(

Quote Originally Posted by kibbutz83 View Post
    Hi, I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I'm not sure hydrocortisone cream is a good thing to put on your winky? :(
    Really? Why is that?

Kibbutz, you may want to expand on that. That kind of statement does not offer reassurance to a health anxiety sufferer.

Hydro cortisone cream is an anti inflammatory cream often used to reduce swelling, redness etc in allergic reactions. Your doctor will have done this to reduce your body's reaction to the thrush (if it even is there) or another thing that could be irritating you (soap powder, shower gel etc). It is commonly used to treat mild allergic reactions which are shown on the skin. I'm sure it will be fine to put on your penis - a doctor prescribed it to you!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information