Thread: Indigestion!

Indigestion!

Over Christmas I suffered from bad indigestion in the top of my stomach. I didn't have reflux with it just the ache and sometimes an ache in the middle of my back too
    .I got gastro tabs off dr and was told to take them for 4 weeks but only took them for 2 I know I should have completed the course but felt much better so left it!!

I have now got this indigestion back and its horrid. I have started takeing the tabs again and they are starting to help. I just needed to know a few answers please?

Can indigestion be related to anxiety?
    Do any of you suffer the same symptoms and how do you get rid of them?
    Can the indigestion be related to something else like a stomach ulcer?

Thanks very muc. I apprcaited your replies and anything else you can tell me xxxxxx

Re: Indigestion!

Hi Pauline

Sorry to hear you are suffering. Anxiety can definitely cause Indigestion. I have suffered from it on many occasion and it is very uncomfortable. What I understand when I have read up on it is one of the main areas where blood is used most is to aid digestion. The blood is sent there to absorb nutrients from the food we eat. When suffering from anxiety the blood is diverted away from the stomach slowing the digestion process and the muscles around the stomach become tense and knotted. This can cause indigestion and also heartburn.

Re: Indigestion!

Yes anxiety can cause indigestion !! i think fatty foods can too - and too much food (maybe why u got it over xmas we all overeat dont we lol) but also when the stomach is empty it can cause indigestion and heartburn type feeling.Because the acid in the stomach has nothing to work on so it splashes up the oesophagus causing that stinging type feeling in the chesty bit !!
    I also get quite a bit but i have also got IBS !!

Thread Information