Thread: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

I'm Mark and 41. I have suffered with stress and anxiety for 20 years and am currently in a bad spell. I had a cornea transplant that had complications so was off work anyway and work and home but haven't done so since May. I tend to start with a bad spell and it just goes downhill from there. I have been known to use alcohol to ease this but of course it has ended up worsening issues and I have ended up in hospital due to this on a couple of occasions over the years. I have seen someone in the hospital and they say my main issue is stress and anxiety that needs to be controlled. Socially I am a normal drinker and it is only during these terrible spells that it gets out of control. I have had medication over the last 20 years but it has never appeared to work. I have lived on my own for the last 5 years and get tense and nervous about the slightest thing. This leads me to avoid situations, make excuses and I have lost contact with friends due to this over the years. I suffered panic attacks 20 years ago and have never been the same since with me always having a fear of these happening such were the scars from the original experiences. A typical day as I speak and symptoms are aching limbs, loss of appetite, constant feeling of worry, dry wretching in the morning, difficulty getting out of bed in the morning and general difficulty in wanting to do the simplest tasks. I have also not needed to leave the house so am not looking forward to having to do a task such as this.
    Thanks for reading, any advice appreciated

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Etchesketch and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello Everyone

Hi Mark, not an expert just an online user like yourself.
    How about thinking about hobbies? What do you enjoy doing? Then finding a suitable Local club or class that does these activities.

Hope you find the rainbow soon. All the best

Hi
    Must admit that I don't really have a specific hobby. I tend to like reading, watching films, internet/computer etc, all things that keep me in! I would tend to avoid start something new due to the stress anxiety it would cause me.

Hi Mark, due to illness I have had to be pretty much at home for nearly 6 months, I have now become very agoraphobic so I have started taking very small steps to go out again. How about setting yourself a goal? Xx

Thanks for your reply. That is what I'll be doing. The first thing was to put the bins out. I will have to do the lawn and then I'll have to go to the hospital next week about my eye problem. Its amazing that when your confidence is shot even basic things like this become a major ordeal and task. It is debilitating at times like this.

Yes, it is amazing. Ok, so if you have got an appointment at the hospital that is good because you can work towards that xx

Man, I know how you feel. If I did have my job there would probably be days I would just stay in bed.

I have very little advice to offer but that you are making a positive step. You acknowledging the problem and the willingness to do something positive about it!

Thanks for your reply

Thread Information