Thread: do i have o.c.d or is it that i dont trust people

do i have o.c.d or is it that i dont trust people

hi i just wanted to know if anybody can help me, i have this big problem that just wont get any better, i think that people that im near and dear to are out to hurt. e.g my wife i love her to bits, but everytime im not with her my mind just thinks bout all the bad things she could be doin to me, cheating on me or her having a car cash even her gettin raped on her way back home. i worry so much and always think something goin to happen. when she with her mates and talking im thinking that ther laughin at me.
    but i only have this problem with people that im close to. i have a good job and get on great with my work mates, but my mind never stops thinking did i leave the iron on, did i drop something on the train.

i heard bout o.c.d and i do think i have it, but i dont know were to start looking for help do i go to my g.p. and if i do go what do i say to him.

can someone please thank you

I am not sure if those thoughts are related to OCD or not. I have thoughts like these. I feel it necessary to go where my husband goes for fear of losing him...and if my children are with him then there is no question that I will be right along side w/them. I hate to think these things and they really do become obsessive. Its hard to get them outta your head isnt it?

Tina

I get these thoughts also. Personally, I don't class it as OCD but as anxiety. However, it doesn't matter what lable is put on it, it causes you distress and can be tackled.

Make an appointment with your GP and explain how you are feeling. You can then start to get the help that you need.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

hi lee

i have ocd and what you described doesnt seem to be ocd but as already mentioned here anxiety

netty

I think the thought may only be OCD thoughts IF thay are followed in image form intence image form that make you feel thay have or will happen if you dont something to stop it or over come it. Also it could be OCD IF you feel you may harm her or other people in intence thought or image form you may feel the need to so so strongly to over come the thought/image with safty mesures or behaviors.

If you wish to talk more is there anything you do after you get these thoughts do you. I personally rock/tap/listen to extreamly loude music/self harm/ and avoid/get an intence need to run. Most of these behaviours have lessened with meds for OCD I still have no official diagnoises of OCD but I have been told I'm OC by a phycologist.

Before my meds I was haveing major obsessive issues with drugs or people who may be using. I had issues with intence image of dangous self harm like seeing my self walk in front of a car to kill my self. I got so bad I became an agrophobic 4 years ago thinking that was my only home in stay happy. Turns out my OC issues turned to other things as well lile images of accidently stabbing my kids while washing dishes so if any of my kids came any where near me I would tell them to go away or give up on the dishes and hide in my room thinking all I wanted to do was rock so bad that went inside to a safe place or bang my head till I knocked my self out cold then my kids whould be safe but I also knew I was over reacting and that rocking or banging my head my some was not good and could still indanger my kids any way before my meds I felt like I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't about all my behaviours to control my thoughts. I was so affraid that at any min I could have a panic attack and run out of the house and some how knock my kids over and knock them out cold.

I never knew any other way to think as my OCD issues started when I was a kids I just knew I was different in the way I think people where alway telling me to stop thinking and I had no idea that you could stop thinking till I went these meds. I could not willing change topics in myt head now I can. When an obsessive line of thought starts it usally over in 10 /15 mins in use to a never ending loop on repeate that made me feel like I was being torn in 100 direction at once. Nothing felt safe before now I feel safe to have friends again and use a bus again. for me everything felt like it could illgal or just might send me insane if I did not find a way to keep it out of my life. My line of thought would go something like What if I'm standing at a bus stop and get the urge to tap so bad that I up set someone who may scream at me and then I may attack them the get arrested the put in jail then go to to court then spit the dummy at the judge and he locks me up then i will want to rock and bang my head so bad that I will be seen to suicidal then I may kill my self. On the other hand I may simply start rocking and land my self in a mental hospital and still rock and bang my head so badly that kill my self. I felt an intence need to avoid busses I told people I could not afford the bus at this time or that I prefured to walk for exercise but I knew there more reason why I was avoiding the bus.

The funniest obesession was when I decide to seek help about a 1y ago I was obsessing about whether I was really obsessive. I could think about that obesessive line or loop or thought for hours trying to work out if I was bad enought to be concidered OCD. I had to keep reminding my self that I read that if someone obsess for more than a 2/3 hours a day it could esily be OCD ans was never not obessing about somthing.

I also debate really bad and obsessly talk. 5 years ago I felt an intence need to just sayevery thing that came to mind to who eva. That did not go down well at all I lost all the friends I had including a friend or 17y.

I hope you figure out what sets your thoughts going.

Thread Information