Thread: can toothache cause headache/neck ache

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

can toothache cause headache/neck ache

Hi, I am getting paranoid, I am awaitng ENT appointment due to ringing in ears and apparantly according to hearing test at docs my ear isn't hearing as much in one ear (i don't notice it). Anyway I have also had a cracked tooth which finally split today and now have a temporary filling which meant I need to have an injected, which sent me into panic mode, I have never had an injection at dentist before and was convinced I would have a reaction to the injection, which ofcourse I didn't and am now in pain with throbbing.....Sorry am waffling, the whole point of this thread is that I have been having neck ache and a sore neck if feels like my glands are sore to touch and hurts right were my skull and neck meets and my scalp feels sore. Could this be due to the pain over the last few weeks of my tooth??? I am paranoid it is something sinister due to my ears?? Can toothache cause your head, neck and scalp to hurt? My glands may hurt as I keep prodding them. Sorry to waffle but I am really getting paranoid about this........

Sarah

Re: can toothache cause headache/neck ache

All I can tell you is that whenever I get a bad sinus headache, I get an earache, toothache, jaw ache and the muscles in my neck can tense up and give me neck ache too.
    I think its just because all the nerves are close together and the initial problem sends shockwaves along to the other nerves.
    Try warming up a flannel and placing it over your face and see if that helps.

Thanks, I hate it and am getting so paranoid that it is something serious!! The back of my neck feels really tender and there is a pressure in my head!! I am so sure it is linked to my ears and that when I go to ENT they are going to tell me something horrid... I am working myself into a state............

hi
    everything in your face is connected as it's so close. i've been having some dental issues and i've been having earache, sinus pain and neck ache so i think your pain if def from the toothache and not a ear problem.
    saralou

Thanks saralou for your reply! I finally plucked up courage to go to docs and she was lovely, said she couldn't see anything sinister and no glands were up, she thinks it is all tension probably caused by me worring about going to ENT and also all the dental pain I am having! Just am going to have to try and stop worrying now... easier said than done LOL!!

Thread Information