Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: retching in the morning

retching in the morning

Hi guys, well ive been on cit for 4 weeks now for anxiety and panic attacks, upped my dose on sat to 25mg to get me to 30mg, had a couple of good days this week, mornings r my absolute worst, thought i was getting somewhere sun, mon and tues as wasn't too bad but yesterday and today ive woke up with severe anxiety, restless and nausea to the point where im retching?? I know u get blips and ive still a long way to go but its so disheartening when i feel like this, anybody else had this?
    Nicola xx

Re: retching in the morning

I dont get the nausea Nicola, but the restlessness, particularly the restless legs I do get still after almost 7 weeks. Make yourself a cuppy and try to distract yourself with a book or something. Have a better day today

Yes....I've had the retching problem..... makes it really difficult to take any pills in the morning! It will get better and you'll get more and more good days.

Nicola

I have retching when my anx has been bad and particularly in the mornings..Four weeks on the cit is still relatively early days, so think you can expect to have ok days and not so ok days..Stick with it tho and give it time, it will get easier..

Hi
    Just to repeat what everyone else has said. I'm not on meds cos couldn't find the right one! Mornings are definitely the worst..there are some threads on here with loads of people saying the same.The retching/ vomiting is definitely anxiety..I was doing it every morning..it's the pits. My therapist said it's unusual...but it isn't!! That's why this site is so useful..there's lots of us out there! As my anxiety levels have lowered a bit I've stopped retching and this week the mornings haven't been so bad..it will get better I promise. Try to roll with the punches and don't be hard on yourself
    Xx

Thanks guys just having an awful day spent most of this morning in tears thinking how i cant do this anymore xx

I was like this too .It was dreadful .Once you find the right dose and it has settled into your system .It will pass Increasing your dose will cause you to feel extra anxious for a short time .When you wake up ,try to do some deep breathing ,in through nose for 7 and out through mouth for 11 Ten times should begin to relax you ..I will give you something to focus on instead of thinking how anxious you feel ..Practice this every day it gets easier .Hope you start to feel better soon ..Luv Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Thanks guys just having an awful day spent most of this morning in tears thinking how i cant do this anymore xx
    Try not to get to upset it is horrible having that retching I have had it with anxiety but more so when I first started the citalopram. I am reducing my citalopram now I have been on 40mg and I was feeling sick every morning. So I have now reduced to 20mg feel a lot better. And I myself feel the cit made my anxiety much worse which made me think I was that bad and it was my anxiety that was coursing me to be so bad now i know it was the cit. So I have calmed myself a bit because I am not that bad. Once you get the dose for you you will start to feel better. you really will. good luck.

Cathy xx

Thankyou, its just such a horrible feeling as u all know!! just forced myself to eat something and feel v sick again, anxiety is thro the roof today tho :-(
    Nicola xx

When I first went on it I felt the same, I took some tablets that My GP gave me to line my tummy and it sorted it. I can now take it without feeling sick or the tummy tablets.

My problem is the clenching of my teeth..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information