Thread: Cant cope anymore

Cant cope anymore

Hi

Im sorry to be so depressing but i just cant cope anymore

As i posted before,i have been told i have a problem with my platelet levels in my blood and have also worn a 24hr holter monitor last week because i have had ectopics and been breathless etc

The blood test results were a big shock to me and im now terrified ive got leukaemia or i will bleed to death
    I have got follow up appointments this week
    Ive never been so scared.Its my own fault for being pregnant in the first place,i so want this baby,maybe this is payback[V]

Sorry
    Hunny x]

hi

i feel so sorry for you ,you poor thing .

im sur if your doctor thought you would bleed to death he would of done somthing there and then .being pregnant is a wonderfull thing if you can enjoy it but very hard when you have health anxiety .
    i think i have sead in your other post i have ectopic heart beats all the time and had all the tests done they came back fine your will to i would put mony on it .please try enjoy being pregnant and be sure they will be keeping an eye on you im sure .you wont have much time to panic when baby comes along im sure you will have so much to do lol
    take care jodiexx

Doctors would tell you if you were seriously ill. I have the same disorder, and sometimes I just need to slow down and rationalize. I have lost a lot of weight because stress induced abdominal distress causes me to eat much less. At one point, I was sure I had some form of cancer and was "wasting away". That is, until I was feeling unusually well for a period of time and gained back almost 10 lbs! Well, so much for the wasting theory. People like us concentrate way too much about every little bodily sensation. If it was that easy to "self diagnose" what would we need with doctors and tests? We spend so much time worrying that it interferes with the quality of life. I have been a little better off and on. It is really hard to reason when you feel so bad, but it's the only way to reduce the disturbing bodily sensations. The more we stress and worry and concentrate on how we feel,the worse we feel. Since we really do have control over the symptoms, we need to practice calming ourselves. Once that is under control, we will be home free.

Mia[^]

y would you think you would be punished for wanting a baby hunny?

if these people were overly worried they would have had you in immediately especially because you are pregnant. if you are so worried my advice to you is to phone someone you can depend upon from your antenatal team and tell them how you feel

try this hunny this is exactly what they are here for. if you cannot stand it any more just go straight to your maternity unit and tell them you dont feel right with all this and they will hep

please try to get your self some reassurance

jackie

Both my consultant and my midwife say they cant offer any reassurance,ive never had them say that before

Ive never been so worried ever
    Hunny

Hunny

As I said to you before, it is normal for platelet levels to drop towards the end of pregnancy, it's just that for a small percentage of women, like you, they drop considerably. BUT as long as they stay over 20 (as said before by me, and someone else who knows what she's talking about!) no consultant is going to panic you about it.
    The reason your doc and midwife can't offer reassurance is probably cos they don't have much experience of it. Can you ask to see your consultant?
    And remember, even if worst came to worst, there is treatment (platelet transfusion) although frankly I'll bet you it won't be necessary.
    Have you looked at your blood results in your notes? What are the levels?

Try not to worry, especially not until you have a clear picture of whats going on

Love Carlyxx

Oh and I think it would be a good idea as Jackie said, to just turn up at the unit or at hospital. Just plonk yourself down and tell them you cannot cope with the stress and anxiety and you need some answers.
    I know it might be embarrassing but I've had to do this before and they do understand
    Take carexx

Thanks Carly

Youve been so nice to me,i think its all just getting on top of me.It doesnt help that im sitting in on my own all day,with lots of time to think at the moment!!
    I bought myself some books,im trying to concentrate on them,easier said than done!!
    Thanks so much again for being so kind
    Hunny x

Thread Information