Thread: Scared plse help

Question Scared plse help

Plse can somebody help... Ive just had a bad shooting pain in base of skull on right side of my head... Im really scared and feel dizzy aswell. I wasnt anxious or nothing but after pain im anxious now.. Help

Re: Scared plse help

Anxiety causes lots of head, muscle pain and tension... try to distract yourself and it will die off.
    just because you werent feeling anxious at the time it happened, anxiety is still in your system, it doesnt just go away...

Thank u for getting back to me so quickly. I hate the way a pain can scare me so easily.. I had mri done two years ago and only thing found was lipoma on brain which is just fatty tissue neuro said it wouldnt b causing problems . Im just fed up of feeling dizzy or tingling in my head and face and going straight into panic mode wen i get bad shooting pain in head.. It sucks.

I have had all kind of head pains over the years with my panic and anxiety, including shooting pains on one side.

Are you on any anti-depressants at all? I get the worst shooting head pains when I forget to take my citalopram, but I have gotten these symptoms regardless of forgetting my dose. It made me think of so many things, am I having a brain aneurysm and all sorts!

Taking steady breathing can help with dizziness. Try lying on your back and breathing in for 7 counts and out for 7 counts for about 5/10 minutes and breath nice and deeply into your stomach (not your chest) and see how you feel. Close your eyes if that helps as well, just make sure you breath equal in and out breaths.

your fine though! see your doctor if you can't let go of the worry, but head shooting pains do not mean anything bad will happen to you!

I've been getting these shooting pains in my head too mainly on the left side (sometimes on the right side but not as much) - I'm totally freaked out that I have a brain tumour or something but that seems to be quite a common thought by anxiety sufferers. Just wish I could find a logical answer as to why i get these shooting pains. Does it feel like a sharp stab sometimes?

I've been experiencing these daily and frequently during the day since dec - so by now I'm sure if something bad was going to happen it would have done so by now.
    Your not alone x

I’ve had this happen to me too. One minute you are totally fine and the next a pain runs through you that leaves you freaked out. It’s hard to believe that it’s anxiety kicking in when you were totally calm and distracted in some activity. I’ve been trying to convince myself it’s only my anxiety. Hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information