Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slight pain under rib cage and back - a little disturbed.

Re: Slight pain under rib cage and back - a little disturbed.

Beyonderz

I am so glad you posted this as I have been suffering the same symptoms as you. Its driving me mad, as I am obsessing about it constantly. Of course, I am convinced I have some horrendous disease or illness.

My discomfort seems to move around my right ribcage area and into my back. It can be as high as immediately below my bra and as low as my mid rib cage - it also moves into the same area in my back - and sometimes higher into my back into my shoulder blades. I also find my stomach suffers randomly from feeling like a washing machine to mild cramping. I too also find that usually if I am distracted I am not aware of it. It doesn't bother me when I lie down and quite often I find I don't have it most of the day and then it starts again. Its never a pain though, would say discomfort or dull mild ache.

I suffer from acid reflux and take Omeprazole I also have a family history of hiatus hernia. Added to this I am also very overweight. Picture of health aren't !?

My chiropractor says its all musco-skeletal - and for a while I can believe her and then my mind starts racing off again. My GP has taken 2 sets of LFTs which have come back fine - has examined my stomach twice - which again was fine. She is sending me for an ultrasound on friday to check for gallstones. I have no other symptoms -no fever,no weight loss, no nausea, no vomiting, no bowel or urine problems, etc etc. However,my GP seems not very concerned (think the ultrasound is to put my mind at rest more than anything) says she is expecting to find nothing and we will never know what it is.

Will post back again when have my results (waiting for results -gahh! How can I stand the waiting!!)

I love these forums!!! Just when I think I'm the only person experiencing some crazy symtpom I come on here and find it so thank you guys : )! I was told me right side pain was stress and then ibs but I believe mine was more muscular instead if deep pain!iand I was always pokin and prodding which prod didn't help! My new anxiety is itching now all over and yes mr google diagnosed liver cancer! What a fab doctor he is... Not!

hey i am not alone i feel like this too, its horrid i am convinced something seriously wrong with me.

I experience my problem less often lately. Like, it happens for 2 days then goes a way for 2 days then comes back. I am guessing it's nothing serious.

I visited doctor and he didn't seem to be concerned also. He asked questions and I told him that I am not having nausea and not waking up from my sleep with a severe pain. He did all blood tests possible - including liver functions (which all surprisingly came back in 3 days, I hope they are not waiting for the remaining tests or anything). Doctor also mentioned about some gallbladder problems, a slight inflammation or maybe stones, but he only gave me some gas medicine, nothing else. He didn't even mention any liver problems.

Results only said I have high blood fat, other than that nothing is wrong. Doctor didn't even feel the need to have abdomen ultrasound. So I can not know what's going on in there. I am suspecting from IBS, because I am sometimes having irregular BM. I know from my mom, gas actually can be the reason of many kind of pain. Since it mimics others and appears in anywhere between the chin and genitals.

Well yeah, I try not to occupy my mind with that ribcage area anymore, and since I started no thinking about it, it feels better I think. We will see.

I wondered about IBS too. Think the liver tests we really to placate me as when it started I convinced myself I had liver disease/cancer. When I suggested this to GP she said " you don't look like someone with liver problems.... no jaundice etc." I think because three people I knew last year died of liver disease/cancer and it was the power of suggestion.....

I think you're right though I need to stop thinking about it, and also to take care of myself. I really need to sort myself out - loose weight - eat healthily - exercise. Think all that would help. And maybe I might try another chiropractor.

Yeah I agree.
    Actually Liver is the only organ in body that regenerates itself, even from a bad stage. And as far as I know liver problems don't show any symptoms until it gets very very bad. So most probably those little pain around that area isn't related to Liver. Therefore doctors didn't even mention about it.

It's good not to think too much. It clearly shows that it's nothing serious, because the slight pain is not persistent. In worst case it's something gallbladder related, which is usually not dangerous. And I am having that feeling mostly after meals, which shows it's digestion related. Maybe, who knows.
    If it gets worse, I'll see doctor again

Like a few of you have said, I thought it was just me.

I've had this sensation for many years. It varies from the top of my ribs just to the right, all the way down to the curve of the ribs at the bottom and feels like someone has gripped me. More of a discomfort than a pain. There's also a similar sensation in my back, almost directly opposite.

I must have had 10 doctors have a feel over the years, followed by the routine blood tests all of which have come back fine. I tended to just ignore it, then it would pray on my mind, so back to the docs I went.

The last doc I went to see seemed to think it was muscular and for the first time I had a name - Tietze Syndrome.

So this time I've been trying Ibuprofen for the last couple if days. I'm still not sure, but try to keep in mind if it was anything serious I'd have fallen off my perch by now.

Hi. Also dealing with rib pain at the moment, left hand side mainly. Worried about lungs as Im a smoker. Feel free to read my threads.

Dont Google! Go to drs if you're worried. I was supposed to stay off Google for my cbt and I managed 2 hours! Good at giving out advice but crap at taking it .

Where in ribs is pain? Mine is only a few times a day and more of a nibble than a pain. In bottom 2 or 3 ribs at the front. Do lungs even go down that far?!

Best wishes
    Andrea x

*niggle lol
    Last edited by andrea15; 12-02-13 at 23:59.

hi,i had the same symptoms and used to come on this site for advice as it sort of made me feel ok knowing I wasent the only one suffering..but now I feel strongly to reply to you.i,v finaly been diagnosed right,by a simple stool test and it appears I have bacteria in my stomach,so I,v been put on anti biotics,the condition name is quite long but I googled it and I suggest you do thhe same.HELAELIOCOCACTERPYLORI...I do hope this helps you as I tend to think everything is nerves and those symptoms aren't I,m afraid.best wishes to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information