Thread: Abit of advice please???

Unhappy Abit of advice please???

I have suffered with Health Anxiety for over 20 years, recently I've developed a problem with my periods. I gave birth to my second son in August last year. My first period 3 months after having after having Vinnie was normal, then my second quite heavy and painful. I came on AGAIN just over a week later and have been bleeding for over a week (not heavily anymore - I haven't even got to wear a liner.) Discharge is quite brownish. I'm sure its got something to do with having my baby, but am freaked out as this has never happened to me before. I went to the Doc who put me on meds to stop it, they haven't worked (I have been told possibly cause I wasn't bleedin enough) and have to go back tomorrow.
    I am 32 years old, and normally healthy, though I have had a slipped disk and been on all sorts of meds for that including morphine (Which I have now kicked!)
    I am terried I've got uterine cancer or something and can't stop thinking about my boys. I am so, so, so scared. Can anyone please help?????

Much love,
    Mrsssh
    Last edited by Mrsssh; 12-01-10 at 17:12. Reason: Mis-spellings

Re: Abit of advice please???

Hello Mrsssh,

When health anxiety starts to take over it is really difficult to see things rationally, and we automatically start imagining the worst possible situation; I do understand how you feel, because i have been there many times myself.

I try to hang on to known facts. Uterine cancer is very uncommon in women under 50, and especially so at your age. It is VERY common to have hormonal imblances after giving birth, and since you only gave birth 5 months ago, I am sure this is the reason - you are having a bit of a blip at the moment. I know how difficult it can be to feel reassured, but I am certain you have nothing to worry about, and it will sort out given time.

Thanks Rosie,

Its really kind of you to take the time to reply. And you are right in everything you have said. I have been to my chiropractor tonight and told him, he has adjusted the area of my back which could rarely effect menstral cycles so we'll see - fingers crossed.

XXXX

Hi,
    If it's any consolation, my hormones took ages to settle down after having my second child. Health anxiety is awful. I have suffered with it since having children so I know how you are feeling.
    x

Hi there

What you're describing is perfectly normal, I promise. Brown blood = old blood, so your uterus is clearing itself out. And, don't forget, your hormones will be all over the place after having a baby.

Nothing you've said is indicative of uterine (or any other) cancer - but it is 100% normal after childbirth. I remember having exactly the same stuff happening after I gave birth too

Thread Information