Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: worried about withdrawal.

Re: worried about withdrawal.

Didn't seem worth starting a new thread since this is the same old worry but with a twist.

How would I know if I was getting withdrawals?

i'm still on the 4mg twice a week but I had a burst of taking it everyday for 7 days while I started the lyrica (ideally that will do the job of reducing my anxiety levels so I have panic attacks less often and no longer need the diaz at all).

Over the lyrica start week I had 15mg then 10mg, 7mg, 7mg, 6mg, 4mg then 4mg.

Now Ive had none for 3 days. I feel a bit more anxious and my stomach hurts a bit (my ususl ibs crampy feeling). Had a rubbish sleep. Read endless benzo horror stories.

I can't actually find anyone on low dose internittant diazepam who's had any major problems.

How would I know if I was getting withdrawals? As im an emetophobe im worried about the possible vomitting symptom. I dont really know how this withdrawal stuff works.

ignore this.

this thread should have stayed dead. this is just an old worry coming round again.

As my doctors both have told me unless im on 15-20+ day everyday for years then withdrawal wont that painful with a taper when I need to and lyrica is great for coming off diazepam.

if I dont believe a priory psych over benzobuddies horror stories then i'll just go back and reread this post
    Last edited by skymaid; 10-10-16 at 19:00. Reason: typo

Valium tolerance and addiction are facts. But are also so variable. Age, dosage, length of time etc etc.
    But
    They can be withdrawan from successfully with no or little side effects.
    And
    What symptoms you had may have just been blips in your anxiety and NOT Valium related at all.

Benzodiazepines like Valium can stay in the system a pretty long time. It depends on how much you take and for how long. Also your health, age, weight and metabolic rate play a part.

How long a drug stays in your system depends mainly on it's elimination half life.

For Valium (diazepam) the initial distribution phase is followed by a prolonged terminal elimination phase (half-life up to 48 hours). The terminal elimination half-life of the active metabolite N-desmethyldiazepam is, on average, 100 hours.

So you would actually have to account for the elimination of N-desmethyldiazepam.

It takes 5.5 x elimination half lives (hours) for a medicine to be cleared from your system, therefore Valium or it's active metabolite will be in your system for 550 hours (5.5 x 100hrs) i.e. approximately 23 days.

I found this on drugs.com

As I've said before, there are a lot of variables.
    Valium is the only med I can tolerate, which is effective, and quick acting.
    And although I stopped taking it 18 months ago due to inter dose tolerance,
    I took it recently for a hospital op.
    It had good effect, and no withdrawals, or side effects.

If you need it, you should take it.
    I was scared of the horror stories too, but I'm now reassured.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information