Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which social situation you hate?

Re: Which social situation you hate?

Parties and eating. I am a slow eater and always the last to finish a meal.
    that's why I go out mainly on my own. so I can take my time. At home it does not matter, but I still am the last one to finish my meal.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
    I'm letting the world know that yes, a skinny guy chose me... the whale.
    It makes me feel like an actual person.
    Don't ever feel like you aren't an actual person. If anyone does throw you judgmental glances on the street then they are a shallow bunch of pricks. Regardless of how you look (and I'm prepared to bet that you're not a whale!!) you are better, and WAY more beautiful, than they are!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindPanic View Post
    Don't ever feel like you aren't an actual person. If anyone does throw you judgmental glances on the street then they are a shallow bunch of pricks. Regardless of how you look (and I'm prepared to bet that you're not a whale!!) you are better, and WAY more beautiful, than they are!
    Yes, I agree. If someone judges someone else for their appearance, you can bet they're doing it because they have the need to project their own appearance insecurities on to someone else to cover them up. Why else would they do it? We all have our own unique appearance, neither better nor worse than anybody else's.

Being left alone with someone i don't know. Particularly in certain places/small rooms.

Actually when it comes right down to it I really don't like people not letting me be me. I used to go to a Friday night supper gathering. It was late and I had always already ate. I went for the social and only had coffee which I enjoyed, I got sick of then asking for a plate and shoving food at me that I didn't want, and the comment,"if you can't afford it we will pay". (I'm on a pension) They wouldn't accept I just didn't want it. It is really hard being different. Besides I don't like fast food, way too much salt and sugar. One of my social failings is that I can cook so I'm hard to impress.

I really dread going on courses at work ,its lots of other people there that I don't know and then comes the dreaded ,lets go around the room introduce yourself ,tell us something about yourself arghhhhhhhh I go to pieces I am a rambling mess

They wouldn't accept I just didn't want it. It is really hard being different. Besides I don't like fast food, way too much salt and sugar. One of my social failings is that I can cook so I'm hard to impress.
    This is me.

All of them. Sorry, that's not particularly helpful, is it?

Being a carer for my ill wife, I find myself very isolated and this feeds my social anxiety whenever we 'do' have someone round. We recently made up with our estranged son and we've gone from virtually no visitors ever to almost daily interaction. I'm finding it very taxing, especially as they come later in the day which gives me loads of time to think about it. We also had/have some serious issues with him that just adds a bit more spice to the mix.

If I decide to meet with some people who are friendly acquaintances, but not friends, and am to arrive alone, don't see them at the predetermined spot, spot on when we decided, and the place just looks deserted and empty, I might freak out and just leave without making more than 5 minutes effort to find them. This has happened IRL when I was about to meet with some people at one person's workplace, but on arrival it was closed and, peering in the windows, looked like an emptied warehouse, no furniture, nothing. (It later proved he had borrowed the penthouse of the building in question.) In my mind I had all along expected meeting a proper restaurant. When nobody showed up I just left, gave the others just five minutes, tops, to show up. Didn't fit with my expectations and I just felt overwhelmed with this urge to bolt.
    Last edited by randomforeigner; 26-11-16 at 19:15.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information