Thread: Coping well!

Coping well!

Been a while since I updated so I thought I would quickly,
    as you may know I've only had 2 out of my 10 short CBT sessions but its definitely already starting to help, I've found my anxiety has calmed down a lot by accepting it and not letting it me embarrass me alone, working out my gender issues also helped and I've found myself in a more better mind state, of course its not perfect I had some stresses over Christmas but I didn't let anything get me down, I didn't eat much(but I did yesterday and today ) i've actually made a few steps already that i'll point out,

-I've found I'm not fixating too much, especially over things I now are pointless(like my little eyelash phobia because its silly and I've stopped wasting sleep over it which is amazing x) also my bone phobia because I've accepted that even if it were to happen its not the end of the world

-I've started to see that I'm more calm to issues now, say if I hit my arm hard rather than panic I tend to just say "keep an eye on it, if its the same in a couple of days or gets worse just go to the doctors" because fixating won't change what something is or how it turns out in fact it will just impair your thinking which is worse.

-I've also kinda accepted what is what, like I'm slowly being less afraid of death and what's helping that is doing things, I'm starting to see more that if I were to unfortunately die or get really injured despite the fact it would suck it was just meant to happen, and there wasn't much I could do about it, so instead when that day comes I've learned it be nicer to have the memories of going to a concert because even if I injured myself there I'd still remember it, that's why I've already started a bucket list, lastly i'm also seeing the bigger picture like instead of choking to death if I were to continue my poor eating I'd be more likely to die of not getting enough vitamins or I'd be more likely to die younger from not having enough sleep than to because of appendicitis(because lets be honest if you get appendicitis you just call an ambulance its not the end of the world) I'm seeing things more clearly which is great! like I've said its not perfect but its getting there, please don't give up because if you work at it enough you will see a difference
    I'm sorry this post ended up really long whoa! I rant too much I hope everyone's Christmases went well and if they didn't remember its not the end of the world x

Re: Coping well!

Great post Sam. I recall feeling much the same during my CBT sessions.

Enjoy. Xx

Good news Sam. Keep at it.

Really pleased CBT is helping you and you are starting to feel better.

lovely to see its working for you Sam, the one big thing that helped me recover was changing my thinking from `I mustnt panic` when I went anywhere, to thinking `I may panic, but I`ll cope`, its as if it just lets you relax a bit and you`re not on that tightrope thinking everything has to be perfect. for a long time I tried to completely block out any thoughts of panic and would be muttering affirmations constantly `I am calm....I am not panicking...` which obviously set me up for a big fall each time.

I really hope things keep improving for you, go one day at a time and keep reporting on your successes it will really help

Thanks you guys x and thanks to everyone who helped me over Christmas when i went a little stir crazy it's even improving my work, i've ridden my horse a couple times over the December period and it's great x

Ah I long for the day when I can get back on a horse again. It-s great to read your story and v glad you're feeling better x

Hi Sam! Glad to hear that the CBT is working already for you! My eating issues are not too good at the mo, so I think i'm going to have to get some therapy too.
    Well done again x

Quote Originally Posted by RosieBelle View Post
    Hi Sam! Glad to hear that the CBT is working already for you! My eating issues are not too good at the mo, so I think i'm going to have to get some therapy too.
    Well done again x
    Thanks Rosie x sorry to hear your eating issues ain't great, mine are sucky atm but getting better, if you ever need to talk I'm always here

Thank you Aiden!
    I'm glad yours are getting better!
    I'm always here if you need to talk too

Thread Information