Thread: Progress

Progress

I just wanted to share my experience over the past year as I began experiencing issues with my health.

I first came here with sudden onset anxiety after an onset of food poisoning. I was experiencing so many issues that I initially didn't believe I would be alive by this time in the year. I was prescribed antidepressants and while they helped they didn't solve the problem. I always thought it was just anxiety but it seemed I actually did have an underlying problem.

While flipping through the internet I saw a guy who said that he had Pernicious Anaemia for years without getting a proper diagnosis. I immediately looked up the symptoms and found that the lot of them were in line with what I was going through. I swung by the store and picked up some b12 supplements. Lo and behold, it's been about a week since I began taking them and I'm starting to gain back my appetite. The swelling in my stomach has receded, my anxiety is nearly gone. I didn't even realize that my tongue was swollen for so long. It may have been like that for years and I never even noticed. People just told me that I had a big tongue My voice is noticeably different as well as a couple of people have already said since I began taking the supplements. I didn't think that so many problems could be attributed to a simple vitamin deficiency and yet here I am.

My anxiety isn't completely gone. I still find myself looking up melanoma and palpating my collar bone and neck for lymph nodes, but I do feel a lot better.

I'm still recovering from the hell of a year that I've spent being sick, and being told that I wasn't, but I hope to come back to this forum a month or a year from now and say how much better I've gotten. Thanks to everyone who reassured me.

Re: Progress

Hi there Lakme,
    I don't know you well but I just wanted to congratulate you for your progress x. my anxiety is doing fairly well, it will be better when I finally diagnose my two medical problems plus I'm having issues with a broken bone(kinds silly tbh lol) I wish you a great new year and I hope you continue making progress on your journey x

Thread Information