Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Have not been able to leave the house for a week.
    So in that time I have painted an old chair and reupholstered it.
    Don't know where to put it now!!!!

Well done, Magic! I wish I had your talent for being creative! I hope you are ok-it sounds as though you are having a hard timexx

I'm proud of how I have dealt with everything over the last few days. 2 days ago my papa got a call saying they had finally found a match for a kidney transplant so he was rushed into hospital in Glasgow and it was a very rollercoaster time as we were told one min it would definitely be going ahead and then it was in the balance and then yesterday at 7am we got told it was cancelled due to all of the donors organs and tissue being too badly damaged so my papa is back on the transplant list again. He's at the top and he's been told to be on permanent stand by so we could get another call tomorrow, next week, who knows.

I am proud how I dealt with it. Despite being in a current panic attack and OCD setback, I went up to the hospital with him which is the new Queen Elizabeth one in Glasgow and holy moly, its huuuuuuuuuge! Its bigger than any shopping centre I've been in and I am proud of just how I dealt with it all in general. I didn't swallow it all down and ignore it like I used to do, I faced it head on and dealt with every feeling as it came. I felt literally every emotion under the sun for the last couple of days and I am mentally and physically exhausted but it had to be done. My papa was sent back home yesterday morning and after we collected him, he asked my stepdad if they could go to a local train fare so me and my mum stayed in Glasgow for the day while they went to the fare and we went shopping and we even went on the subway which we both hate but we just sat there holding each others hand through it :$ I remember when I couldn't go to Glasgow and that was my biggest goal to be able to go back there again when I was at my worst with panics a while ago and there I was yesterday for hours and had a great time despite everything that had happened the day before. I did panic a little but it got on with it

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Great job, Gingerfish! Sorry to hear things didn't work out with your grandpa getting the transplant, but it still sounds like there's a very good chance that things will turn out well! Good job making it through all of it!

I got out, went to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    Great job, Gingerfish! Sorry to hear things didn't work out with your grandpa getting the transplant, but it still sounds like there's a very good chance that things will turn out well! Good job making it through all of it!
    Thanks I'll keep you all updated with everything with my papa I haven't really been on here much lately in the last few months. Had a lot on with my papa and stepdad and then my own health has been up and down.

Hope everyone has been good on here lately and I'll try and be on here as much as I can again

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Jogged 5 days this last week! Pretty proud of myself.

Lovely thread

Since my anxiety has been really bad, I've had severe issues with panicking about jewellery or stuff going in my body - I had to take my tongue bar out because I kept panicking about swallowing it and dying, I couldn't wear necklaces for a while, I still can't put an earring in my conch (inner earring) piercing. I have a thing about stuff getting caught in my throat, as I had (*touch wood, much better*) severe problems with Globus Hystericus.

Last year I bought some open nose rings, where it's got a disc on the inside and you basically swivel it in through the piercing. I loved them (I've got 2 nose piercings) and they were so much easier and more comfortable than ball-closure rings.

The last time I put one in, I had a panic attack about it being sucked up into my nose and stopping my breathing. I've tried to put them in a few times, and anxiety has stopped me.

Anyway, my success is - for the past 5 days or so, I've been able to put an open nose ring in, not freaked out about it, and been able to have it in all day.

Small things, I know, but we need to recognise these little victories

I recently gave blood for the first time. Its been one of those things I always wanted to do but never got round to it, so I decided to go ahead since things like this help me with my anexiety. I was feeling fine about the whole thing until I got to the donation centre and started to feel spaced out and started to worry about blacking out or some other complication occurring, typical anexiety catastrophic thinking. Anyway, in the end it was absolutely fine! It was quick and easy and booked I'm in to give blood again in a couple of months time.

Well done! That's such a wonderful thing to do and you are helping others too. I had a massive blood transfusion after my daughter was born without which I would have died-you never know when you will need blood and it's thanks to people like you that so many lives are saved.

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread Information