Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Events

Re: Recent Events

Not just long term members either, some newer members have gone. They won't all announce it so its hard to tell.

You're right there! Many people have just been posting as usual. Thats the fractured nature of NMP, a lot of the HA guys & girls don't seem to post elsewhere for some reason so they probably don't know & don't care, but many seem to be newer anyway thesedays with a lot of the long termers heading for the new Facebook group. Ricardo asked me for the address the night before so I would imagine he has gone there as he was missing people he knew from before.

Its very quiet on here now so time will tell.

Thanks, I appreciate it. You too despite your many challenges!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Not just long term members either, some newer members have gone. They won't all announce it so its hard to tell.

You're right there! Many people have just been posting as usual. Thats the fractured nature of NMP, a lot of the HA guys & girls don't seem to post elsewhere for some reason so they probably don't know & don't care, but many seem to be newer anyway thesedays with a lot of the long termers heading for the new Facebook group. Ricardo asked me for the address the night before so I would imagine he has gone there as he was missing people he knew from before.

Its very quiet on here now so time will tell.

Thanks, I appreciate it. You too despite your many challenges!
    Facebook group??
    I didn't know there was one.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Facebook group??
    I didn't know there was one.
    Yeah Phill, CPE1978 set it up a while back for HA. Its where a lot of people have gone I think. I guess FMP will know more as he was good friends with Chris so I would imagine he pops in there too.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=165781

He did mention how many people where on there but I can't recall now. I'll have a look in a minute and add it.

I don't know who went but some HA board regulars seemed to disappear about the same time. I know IStillBelieve joined as she said goodbye to me.

EDIT: 160 members on 15/3 per his update. A couple of admins in place too.

There is also this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/7078088709/ with 3200 members
    I prefer the forum format though

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Yeah, same here. I'm not on Facebook, I really don't want people who I worked with 10 years ago wanting to "friend" me to get their count up! My employer had a contract with FB for monitoring anyway and several people were sacked for moaning about the company so I just never bothered with it.

Forums are better anyway for me, anyone can read things and find reassurance in what others are going through. I was a watcher on & off and that helped me.

I'm not on Facebook as it doesn't appeal to me either.

I'm sorry to hear that other members have drifted away but I'm not surprised. There is always going to be the potential for this type of situation given the nature of our issues and we are just a bunch of usernames communicating in the cyberworld. We don't know each other. We can only guess and use gut instinct.

Is it OK to reflect on things in a sensitive way? Just as a way to "move forward" and try to prevent this from happening again?

As one of the people who posted very sparingly on those threads, I was well aware of them but due to the continuous and repetitive nature, chose to distance myself from them for my own wellbeing. I am sure some of the other people who didn't respond but get kept posting as usual were doing that too.

That's what I tend to do when drama flares up here. Like you said, Pulisa, we can always log off and cool off for a bit.

To be honest this "drama" is nothing compared to some of the stuff the admins have been through in the past.

We have had the police involved in a few incidents and me and Emmz were sent hate mail and objects in the post to our home addresses!

I really don't see that this compares to that.

If members have left over it then it is their choice to come back or not. There are loads of support sites like this on the Internet I am sure and it is just a matter or finding one that suits.

I have had some hurtful things said to me over the past week or so but I am going to move on from it as it is not worth getting stressed and ill over just words from people that have never even met me and are just venting in anger at me because I run the site.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    we are just a bunch of usernames communicating in the cyberworld. We don't know each other.
    This is truth. It's truly not to diminish the connections, friendships or real caring nature of those behind the usernames and thumbnails but it's true. On some forums and boards, depending on the subject matter, real life meet ups and gatherings take it beyond the realm of the digital world and make it more "real". Again, it's not to diminish anything, it's just fact. The fact is, one click of the little "x" on the browser window and it all goes away.

I was well aware of the drama taking place. I received several PMs asking for opinions and to help/intervene but felt it best to refrain from doing so. It was a wise thing to do as it didn't concern me, but then I've always been that way concerning forums. I've learned the hard way that sometimes, who people are in real life is far different than the persona they portray in the cyber world. Anyone that has used on-line dating can attest to that Again, not to say there are some gems out there (I met my wife on an on-line dating forum) but the line about kissing a lot of frogs applies. I could tell you some war stories!

It's sad that the situation took place but the truth is there will be those that come and go and NMP will continue to go on as long as the owners of the domain keep it going.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    To be honest this "drama" is nothing compared to some of the stuff the admins have been through in the past.

We have had the police involved in a few incidents and me and Emmz were sent hate mail and objects in the post to our home addresses!

I really don't see that this compares to that.
    Totally agree, this one is a storm in a teacup compared to other things we have come across as admins... I think it is now 3 times I have had to call the police about NMP, and there has been a few full on hate campaigns on facebook!

Rather scary having to go and make a statement about it all in a police interview room and having the police come to your house!!

We do try to keep these things away from the open forum as obvioulsy it is a forum for anxiety and sufferers and don't want to cause too much alarm but I can tell you it is very anxiety and panic causing!

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information