Thread: Here's My Success Story!

Here's My Success Story!

I recently joined this forum hoping to not only talk about my fears etc but to make new friends I know there are some very ill people on here and posted a thread about meet ups in my area So still hopefull there. My main fear is rejection as I have had to endure this quite a bit in my life. Anyway started Pm ing a few people and to my surprize got a pm back so followed it up and after 8 pm's this person offerered me their mobile number ( i personaly thought that was a bit too soon!) But wouldn't have had the courage to ask for any ones number even a few months later for the dreaded fear of rejection! Any way I grabbed this life line with both hands and got txting and after many txts we made plans to meet up and they came over to where I live showed the round town and went for a meal which i paid for
    and they came back to my house and chatted! I didn't think they would turn up but they did Any way made further plans for me to go and see them by then I knew that it was ok and and the address they give me was ok too ( i didn't even check up on normaly I would have done!) and they showed me round town and they took me out for a meal and went back to thier house for a cuppa and chat and we are making further plans for day trips out

We have a lot in common and are both hoarders in our own rights. So if any one else is going through really bad fear of being recjected and if some one throws you a life line go for it
    And to person who has saved me from sinking thanks a lot m8

Re: Here's My Success Story!

Good on you its still one of the hardest things to do in life putting yourself out there and risking a knock back, really glad it all went well. bet its boosted your confidence no end.

brilliant when people put posts up like this it gives everyone a lift

I am glad you feel welcome

Good on your for being so brave and taking the steps to build new relationships and get back out there. Keep it up and you will go form strength to strength

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    Good on you its still one of the hardest things to do in life putting yourself out there and risking a knock back, really glad it all went well. bet its boosted your confidence no end.

brilliant when people put posts up like this it gives everyone a lift
    It was really hard brucealmighty and thought yep another knock back! And with out a doubt it has boosted my confidence Thanks for your comments!

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    Good on your for being so brave and taking the steps to build new relationships and get back out there. Keep it up and you will go form strength to strength
    It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life!! Thanks for your kind words

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dale12345 View Post
    I am glad you feel welcome
    Me too dale, and thank you

thank you

Thread Information