Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just been given 14 Diazepam 2mg

Re: Just been given 14 Diazepam 2mg

Quote Originally Posted by Shazamataz View Post
    The joys of perimenopause! I am going through it too, I think.
    Me too!

I found with 2mg Diazepam, which I took when getting on Duloxetine and waking adrenaline rushes were very bad for me, that it just sort of slid down over my head and a wave like feeling all down my body where I calmed down. It happened pretty quick for me, much quicker than what you found, Shaz, but I know it varies. I usually got 2-2.5 hours of calm out of that and that was from a VERY anxious & agitated state (the Duloxetine ramped up my anxiety to levels beyond anything I've ever experienced). I used to get a headache as it wore off but that passed pretty quickly.

Whilst it doesn't last long, I didn't feel as bad for hours after those 2 hours. It took me down from the peak.

Almost 3 hours since I took a 2mg tablet, no response, my fears and anxieties through the roof no sense of calmness whatsoever. I need this feeling to ease as I have to go to work this afternoon and I just don't know how I'm going to do it. Thanks Terry too for your message x

Hi Catsjulieanne, I have been given 14 2mg of diazepam after asking my GP as I do get rather anxious. I took one tablet and it did not calm me at all.
    I could take two tablets, but there again with 14 they will be used up.

2mg have never done anything for me either. I wonder if they hope the placebo effect will help. I always needed 4mg to help with panic. Ive only ever taken them for panic attacks though.

The gpi saw to get me started on my lyrica said 5mg is an adult dose (and gave me 20 of those to get started on my med)

I am 5ft 2. And 9st. I need 4mg Valium to touch panic.
    I actually don't believe body size makes a diff. I believe it depends on how bad the stress/anxiety is as to what dosage you need.

I would try 4 mg. and asses that dosage.

There are two thoughts in taking Valium
    3 x per day, to try to reduce your overall anxiety.

Or occasional use, when you are having severe anxiety. (In this instance, you should take a dose that will be effective)

I would also advise that you should not be driving or using machinery whilst taking Valium

Best wishes x

For what it's worth.......I am currently taking 1 2mg Diaz twice a day. Was told by crisis team that I had to take it. So far it has helped enormously. Also now on week 6 of 45 mirt. Having more good days than bad at the moment....

Thank you all so much for the responses. Yes the 1 x 2mg tablet didn't touch me, so I took another half of one making it 3mg and somehow got into work, albeit it was a short shift to tackle of 3 hours. Cant say I noticed any effect maybe possibly took the edge off but I'm not convinced it did, I certainly never felt any relief from the racing thoughts, dread, shakiness, I think it was more sheer willpower and HAVING to get into work that did it. I'd had four months off sick with anxiety and depression and returned in July, and was made acutely aware that if I take sick leave again risk losing my job. All great reassurance for someone so panic stricken to start with! Am so aware I only have 12 of the tabs left to take and when I do have to take them I want to feel some benefit from them. I too take Mirtazapine, trying to wean off, worst drug in the world from my experience. Would add I also had counselling via work, didn't find it helpful, was good to talk to someone but certainly never changed any of my problems or ability to deal with them. A huge part of my problem is from chronic insomnia, I think if you can get a decent nights rest you can deal so much better with lifes day to day stresses but deprivation as long standing as mine (oh yes I was tried on Zolpiderm and Zopiclone too for this, never remotely touched me) then each day can seem so never ending and panic and anxiety heightened massively. Again thank you all for your responses, really appreciate knowing I'm not alone but hate that other people are struggling too.

Just out of interest, I eventually took as prescribed 3 x 2mg tablets a day for three days so obviously the amount prescribed I have taken now, this was a week ago - certainly no desire to go and ask for any more as they never touched me as far as I could tell. Just in case anyone was to come on my thread worrying about addiction - I had 14 tablets prescribed, at 2mg x 3 a day if necessary. Tried them, not a thing, certainly didn't so much as "take the edge off". Obviously if they had helped me in any way, I would have been going back asking for more, but they didn't so I won't. Back to the drawing board for me. Thanks again to those who responded to my post x

personally I think theyre fairly useless except for an actual full blown panic attack or if youre afraid if flying or something.

then you'd need to take 4-5mg (an adult dose as my gp and and shrink call it) generally.

if you need to take them everyday then you something else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information