Thread: Can anyone relate:)

Can anyone relate:)

Hi everyone. I'm new here.

I have suffered from bad bad health anxiety but am actually overcoming it!!!!! Yay!!!!!

However in the last 2 days I have been having really deep troubling thoughts.

For example to start I thought 'what in this world is real?' Which I know is a silly vague question but it seemed to confuse me - and that scared me a little. However I managed to overcome that. And now it doesn't bother me.

However in the yesterday I was thinking deeply about life and the human body and I looked at my arms and thought to myself 'who's body am I in?' Which again is a strange thing to think however ever since I can't stop thinking it as when I look at my arms and think it. I almost become unrecognisable and it gives me a horrible feeling. It's as if I have never properly looked at my body in detail. And as if my mind is detached from my body. I feel as if I'm going crazy and it's killing me!!

I need something to counter this thought like a fact. For example when I thought what in he world is real. I counter acted this thought by thinking that everything we see is technically real.

This will probably not make much sense as I'm panicking but it's so annoying as I've just overcome my health anxiety through CBT and family support - I started to feel great and now this is the worst I have fealt as the thought of this body not being mine is awful.

Please tell me I'm not going crazy????

Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you overcome it????

Is it still my anxiety????

And can someone give me a thought to counter act when I question myself.

Thankyou :( any comment is appreciated.

Ps I'm fine and feel normal when distracted

Re: Can anyone relate:)

"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

how did you overcome it????
    Observed my thoughts for what they really are and learnt to manage them.

I did a video on how I manage my thoughts. While I don't generally like pointing to them directly in threads, I include a link in my signature for those interested. It's called the most important thing I ever learnt. I suggest it here, because I feel like you might get something from it.

I worried I was going mad. I worried about loads of things. Still do some days, but I am out of that dark hole, and I am not going back.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Observed my thoughts for what they really are and learnt to manage them.

I did a video on how I manage my thoughts. While I don't generally like pointing to them directly in threads, I include a link in my signature for those interested. It's called the most important thing I ever learnt. I suggest it here, because I feel like you might get something from it.

I worried I was going mad. I worried about loads of things. Still do some days, but I am out of that dark hole, and I am not going back.
    Wow well done. I liked the video btw!!

I also have a YouTube channel you know!!!!!

Link?

It's not the same thread, I recommended be switched to a more relevant board - which is this one.

Thread Information