Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst moments? Noticeable recoveries

Worst moments? Noticeable recoveries

Short trips to the supermarket feeling panicked. Slow down, breathe, relax the body.

Re: Worst moments? Noticeable recoveries

Sitting down in a theatre watching a show.

Feel slightly trapped. Remind myself I can leave at anytime. Take a deep breath, relax and focus on the show. Before I know it, the curtains come down, and its applause.

Seat next to the aisle...., but yes that's a good one, thank you, SLA.

Going to cbt an hour early by mistake getting into a panic trying to kill time , drove half way home then thought sod it turned round and drove back , got there five mins late and explained to him what I'd just done .

Theatre one is all to familiar to me, feelings of being trapped, hot and dizzy. Looking back at my anxiety, although HA was a huge feature, there was a lot more generalised anxiety that I hadn't paid attention too, all my therapy was focused on the HA. I recovered once I accepted and addressed both xxx

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

In terms of noticeable recovery, for me it was going to a new trampoline Park without even thinking about it. By that I mean no what if's, I went and enjoyed it with my son then came home. I reflected later that evening, it was definitely a recognition of success for me.

Awesome Tracey, that's your Olympic gold medal moment! It reminds me of that scene in that Is This As Good As It Gets? When Jack Nicholson realised he hadn't locked his front door after having an elaborate OCD routine of bolting it during his illness. That was a real turning point for him. I'm beginning to notice sometimes not feeling anxious walking to the shop now.

Buster I remember that time in the summer, took ENORMOUS guts and determination to turn round and face that counsellor. Xxx

Wow enormous in capitals I'm not sure it was that big , your first day back at work must have been much BIGGER! .

True, that was a biggie too. Sure was pleased I did it, but in your case your brain was really working against you, and that was a hot day too, with your asthma and everything. The work thing was something I had to do. Half way through I did want to scarper but I didn't. Xxx

I had a Dexa scan this week and started to have a panic attack while the scanner was over my chest. I breathed my way through it and was able to complete the scan. Go Me!

Breathing is so underrated! I had a clean up at the dentist yesterday and did the same thing. Really works. Well done Nora. Xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information