Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have a serious fear of blood tests? NOT the needle

Re: Does anyone else have a serious fear of blood tests? NOT the needle

Thanks. I am giving it another week and then going to the Dr if the cough/shoulder has not eased....

p.s. have you been for your smear or to see the GP again?

I had to cancel it as I was still bleeding but got it booked for Monday - fingers crossed I'll go!

Went to GP earlier in the week, she put me on diazepam low dose just enough for a week to help me get through the smear and the extreme anxiety I have at the mo. It's horrendous :(

Good idea giving the cough and shoulder a week, I always think with symptoms, give them a week or so and if they're still there THEN seek medical help. Loads of things tend to just disappear, the human body is a mysterious thing lol.

I hope you get to go on Monday - I just had mine on Tuesday and thats in the back of my mind now also (without realizing).

Hate feeling so 'abnormal' it just really gets to me, I struggle to do anything else....always on my mind

Kay Hun to be honest with you I think at the mo every pain you get or ache you are having you immediately think oh it's cancer well it isn't so take comfort in those words and try and chill a bit Cheers

Thank you, would honestly prefer to bite my fingertips off one by one than go to it! lol

Yeah I know what you mean, it's the 'abnormal' feeling, its draining. Try not to think about your smear you have enough going on!

How's the shoulder now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Kay Hun to be honest with you I think at the mo every pain you get or ache you are having you immediately think oh it's cancer well it isn't so take comfort in those words and try and chill a bit Cheers
    Really have to try

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crystal17 View Post
    Thank you, would honestly prefer to bite my fingertips off one by one than go to it! lol

Yeah I know what you mean, it's the 'abnormal' feeling, its draining. Try not to think about your smear you have enough going on!

How's the shoulder now?
    Its a weird one, it was achy yesterday, today its kind of there but not...... I am so sick and tired of worrying...I read this story of a 33 year old woman, had shoulder ache for weeks, coughing too, was diagnosed with Stage 4 inoperable LC.....that tipped me over the edge!

Ah ok, you read a story and put bits of it together, identified with it and applied it to your own situation. Believe me I do that several times a day with various things! We just have to keep remembering that those awful, sad stories are incredibly rare, yes they do happen but if we actually believe they are happening to us rather than the most simple explanation we will go nuts.

I can't take my own advice though so am not much help. I've spent most of today in a complete panic and thought that life isn't meant to be like this so what's the point of it all.

But I guess the benefit of someone else seeing it from an outside perspective is that they aren't involved and can be a bit more logical. Based on what you say, I really don't think it's likely to be lung cancer.

Sounds like a lingering virus mixed with smokers cough and you've strained your shoulder or slept funny on it. I smoked for years, I know what it's like! I used to smoke through colds and flu too and it made the cough that much worse to get rid of.

When I had an operation last year they asked if I smoked, I said no but asked why they asked and they said when smokers have the tube down their throat for general anaesthetic they bring up loads of brown phlegm (sorry TMI ) so coughing that up is common, I used to often when I smoked.

Health anxiety makes us take lots of pieces of different puzzles and put them together to make our own, very real feeling puzzle. Except in reality all the pieces are disjointed and messed up and don't actually fit together. But it's like being hypnotised or something.

Try to keep strong and give it a few more days

I have been reading again this morning, ridiculous, checking age statistics for lung cancer and my age, regardless of age Lung cancer is very possible in my case, this is genuinely freaking me out, I am a smoker so it is very very possible plus this whole darn shoulder thing is making it worse now.

Sorry just freaking out this side!

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    I have been reading again this morning, ridiculous, checking age statistics for lung cancer and my age, regardless of age Lung cancer is very possible in my case, this is genuinely freaking me out, I am a smoker so it is very very possible plus this whole darn shoulder thing is making it worse now.

Sorry just freaking out this side!
    OMG Kay Stop it you are driving me crazy ( Iam not having a go at you ) You are a very small smoker stop reading about this bull crap and read a good book or some thing please for your own sake

Non-smokers get lung cancer also........if you smoke 1 or 100 you are still at high risk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information