Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding after intercourse

Re: Bleeding after intercourse

I had something similar, it was a benign polyp which showed up on ultrasound scan. Did need to be removed and during the whole experience I was anticipating it was going to come back as cancer. It didn't.

Hope tomorrow goes well. Xx

I go today for my can today. I'm so scared. I know my doctor is doing this out of a precaution, but the fact that it's being done petrifies me.

I am literally shaking with fear.

I hope it's something simple and nothing horrible.

Please let us know how you get on. I'm sure you'll be ok.

I just had the scan earlier. It was relatively fine. I still have two cysts. I've given myself a new fear and read that cysts should be gone by now. I've had them since at least October. So, I'm really worried I have ovarian cancer. I don't think they have grown at the very least. I can't fully remember the size, but it was pretty close.

I see the nurse practitioner tomorrow. I should get the blood work back too and will ask about all my concerns. .
    Last edited by SighNoMore; 30-12-16 at 00:43.

I can't sleep and have been awake scared all night. I'm so worried about my appointment and what if the test miss things. I'm so worried my appointment will give me bad news. I'm so sick with fear.

I am just so tired of this.

I'm so sorry you're going through all this. :( I wish it was good news for you and you could just put all of this behind you. Are these water cysts and have you been told if they are dangerous?

The cysts are simple fluid cysts. They told me today to not worry. Said the scan looked great, but to give me more piece of mind they did an endometrial biopsy. Said it was for me and not because they are worried. So I should have results on Tuesday. My blood work looked perfect.

They said I had a slight irritation on my cervix so that's likely why I bled and it's super common.

Basically it all boiled down to I'm fine. Bleeding was probably from the irritation, but they see nothing wrong. Can't wait for the biopsy results to put this behind me.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

They assured me they don't think I have cancer of any sort in the female regions and that all my tests prove that. She said she didn't even think the biopsy was necessary, but wanted to give me peace of mind.

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

I'm so afraid I have cervical cancer. I read that if you bleed from the irritation it is likely you have cervical cancer. I had a pap and HPV in October which were totally normal. The nurse is sure I don't, but I'm so scared now.

I had a good few hours of not being scared. Now I'm back to an anxious mess that the test missed things.
    Last edited by SighNoMore; 30-12-16 at 23:21.

I'm so pleased to get your good news; it's good news!! Please read your own message back because, what I'm reading is: 'bleeding was probably from the irritation, but they see nothing wrong'; 'it's supper common'; 'my blood work looked perfect'; '...I'm fine'.

You're going through what I call an anxiety 'aftershock' whereby your mind is still obsessing over the things you've already got your piece of mind on. It's about accepting the fact that everything is ok with you, that you had all the tests done, and so now you need to allow yourself to relax and just move on.

I'm definitely having the what if they missed something game. I'm so afraid of cervical cancer that I'm convinced I have it.

On top of it all, I'm having night sweats and frequent urinination. I haven't had this level of anxiety in years, but I'm trying to tell myself it's just anxiety. My brain is having a hard time accepting that.

I realize my prior post sounds so ludicrous, but my brain is having such a hard time accepting when I have all these "symptoms".

Trying desperately to get myself under control.

I know how difficult it can be trying to rationalise your fears and get your mind to stop obsessing over a thought it just won't let go of.
    However, it's important that you try and do this as, if not, you'll only end up torturing yourself and raising your anxiety levels. The doctors didn't miss anything, and if you had cervical cancer, the doctors will have discovered it.
    Night sweats are annoying, but common (I get them) and I urinate more frequently in the winter, when I drink more because my mouth is dry from anxiety, or when I'm about to start my period.

The mind runs wild, but only you can tame it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information