Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol anxiety

Alcohol anxiety

Here we go yet again impending doom,racing negative thoughts,lack of sleep and paranoia.way to start off the new year in bed for a few days a nervous wreck!ive been telling myself last night was the last time but ive been telling myself that for ten years now.i had family round last night for a party and the majority of them dont drink so i know i mustve made a fool out of myself because i cant remember anything after about the 12th can and then i went on to the spirits.my uncle is a recovering alcoholic and it mustve given him a boost to see the mess i was in.im going to see my gp later on in the week when i can face going outdoors and ask him to change my medication because im sure this fluoxitine is making my anxiety worse.i know its the drinking what is doing it but since ive been on these meds its gotten worse its about the seventh different a.d ive tried over the years allways 6 monthly bouts to make sure theyre not working.im also asking him about this selincro ive been advised on numerous times because i dont think i will ever be fully tee total so i at least need to control it somehow.i feel worse each time i have a bender and at some point i will have gone too far and im going to crack up i wouldnt wish this anxiety on my worst enemy its hell.i try to tell myself ill get through it again but while im going through it its none relenting mental torture over absoloutely nothing.why can i not be normal and just get headache like everyone else!!!!!!!

Re: Alcohol anxiety

It'll pass. Don't be too hard on yourself, lots of people have woken up feeling the same today. I just stopped drinking completely, the morning after anxiety and self-loathing were too much for me.

Hope u feel better soon x

Thanks lisa x

It's unfair. I loved to have a drink with friends but, even though I didn't drink often, I'd drink a LOT. I think I just enjoyed the feeling of relaxed confidence and didn't want it to end. But the next day the anxiety was intolerable.

If you can cut down or take a break for a while you'd see the benefits. Maybe next time re-read this post to remember how you feel and it'll maybe make you think twice about having too much...?

Just be kind to yourself today and until the anxiety subsides. A good bath, book, boxset might help or something else to distract from over-thinking how you feel x

The excuse of Stoptober was great for me, allowed me to take some time away from the expectation of having a drink whilst I tried to get my mental health in line.

Am going to try dry January too.

I'm also trying dry January. I feel so poorly now from drinking last night I just can't cope!

It's been 10 years since I last touched a drop of alcohol, and I was a HEAVY drinker - 2 bottles of wine every night, sometimes 3. I just stopped one day because I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, I've never looked back. I hope you have a restful day and that you can find the strength to tackle your issues with booze - you really won't be sorry you did, I promise. Be kind to yourself today, lots of water to flush it out of your system xxx

Matylane,

Your post history is about the very same thing (same thread titles too!). It's been going on since you joined and before from what you've said. I don't know what anyone can say that hasn't been said

This is self destructive behavior and an addiction issue IMO. I've replied on several of your threads urging you to seek professional help. Mixing alcohol and psychotropics can be very detrimental and it's obviously affecting you in a negative way.

If you don't get a handle on this, it's just a matter of time until something very serious will befall you, physically, mentally or otherwise.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the replies everyone ive been like a broken record for years my girlfriend doesnt even bat an eyelid anymore she just dotes on me when im having one of my bed days like today. its just gotten part of life that i really dont want but carry on slipping back to.i have had help from different neuro psychologists etc.and tried countless medications theres no helping me its me that needs to get a grip before it really is too late.im not just self pitying when i say ill end up dead or in jail if i dont get it sorted because im really surprised it hasnt happened allready with my brain injury

Well at least you've recognised the problem and realise you need to make changes. And you're v lucky to have such a great girlfriend x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information