Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cherry angiomas and cancer

cherry angiomas and cancer

For years I noticed little red dots on arms and recently out of nowhere I have two in my breast. I found out they are cherry angiomas,I looked it up and found this scary article saying that it signals something wrong and that you have high estrogen and link to breast cancer. I'm worried that I'm gonna get cancer and why out of nowhere I have more on my breast. Will you please read the link and tell me what you think http://www.askdepkewellness.com/2014...gioma.html?m=1

Re: cherry angiomas and cancer

50% of adults have cherry angiomas. I thought mine was a big ass petachae but it's a harmless angioma. I have some on my arm and one on my chest. Calm down and stop reading these articles. 50% of adults have them , with numbers like that of course you could pull a statistic out and scare the hell out of people. Remain calm .

I had one cut off my belly when I was 19 and I dr googled the cause too. I worry also that I am at high risk of breast and ovarian cancer due to my high eostrogen levels. However my husband has 2 on his mid section and he definetly doesnt have high oestrogen lol.... I worry more about them being linked to faulty DNA repair and therefore higher cancer risk as they are more common in older people so I really shouldn't have gotten one at 19. I actually posted about this about a year ago. Maybe most people have them and don't even notice them? I got mine cut out because it grew due to me squeezing it.

Same dr on another article said that not having the moons on fingernails also means is a risk factor for breast cancer I'm scared even more. I have the cherry angiomas and no moons.

I heard the moon thing a while back too... I don't have them either... just a very pale one barely visible on my thumb nails. But another article I read said the lack of moons signifies all high cancer risk not just breast?. Not sure how much science is behind this one. I have decided not to delve deeper as it won't end well.

I have a massive one on one breast, it's been there for years and I've never thought much about it. I didn't know they were more common in older people or that they could be a problem.

It says if there are over 10 to 15 large ones. I'm sure yours will be tiny like mine and many others are.

I have these as well and read hundreds of articles saying they're totally harmless and don't really signal much. I have a few bigger ones on my tummy the rest are quite small, never heard of the estrogen link before

Quote Originally Posted by nivekc251 View Post
    50% of adults have cherry angiomas. I thought mine was a big ass petachae but it's a harmless angioma. I have some on my arm and one on my chest. Calm down and stop reading these articles. 50% of adults have them , with numbers like that of course you could pull a statistic out and scare the hell out of people. Remain calm .
    Great advice! I've got one on my arm, and I was about to freak out too, after reading the original post.
    But if they're that common, then I won't bother falling into my research/freak out pattern. It's not worth the time or energy.
    Let's CHOOSE not to worry about this, if it's all that common.
    Peace to all.

Thank you all for your replies. I've been told by some not to take it too serious. That's the only person who says it means anything like you guys said most professionals say they are harmless and have nothing to do with cancer. The half moons in fingernails I'm not sure about I know the that could be caused by vitamin b12 deficiency which I have. Not having b12 has been a risk factor for cancer now I'm sill worrying🙄. I'm gonna try to get vitamins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information