Thread: Pill advice

Pill advice

Ive been on the pill for almost a year now. Its the one you take for 21 days and then stop for 7 to have a period. But my doctor prescribed me to take it everyday non stop just because when I did stop for 7 days I ended up in more pain than I was before. Because I'll be on the pill for most of my life now, I was wondering the likelihood of me being able to have children? I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same position.

Re: Pill advice

I was destined to be on the pill my whole life too,
    i don't know a large amount but i was told by nurse if i ever wanted to try having kids to just make an appointment with my doctor and talk about coming off it for a while? x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

If you don't mind me asking, what pills are you two on? I went on the pill in September and I am having a horrible time with it-- I am also scared to stop because I am afraid of the side effects from stopping, I feel like its a lose lose situation

Quote Originally Posted by Jillinpa View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what pills are you two on? I went on the pill in September and I am having a horrible time with it-- I am also scared to stop because I am afraid of the side effects from stopping, I feel like its a lose lose situation
    I'm supposed to be on the one you take for 21 days and stop for a week but never taken it through fear, it can cause quite bad sideffects mentally wise but i'd stick with it for a little to see if it calms down, if you're really confused about staying on it or stopping then maybe make an appointment with your gp and talk about it? x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Yeah, that seems like a reasonable idea, better than googling! I googled and it seems like there are horror stories of hair loss, severe acne, and depression from stopping the pill.

Thread Information