Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google fun.

Google fun.

We're all informed to stay from cursed Dr google it i know with many of you it might be hard to stop googling at least right away, so i've turned my often late night googling into fun,

if you find yourself curious about a symptom you're having or even a certain medical issue you've never heard of and you can't kick the urge to google it, then stop for a second. and just google something else,
    look up the Wikipedia of someone famous. try and ask google a question it's never heard of before. learn something new(which is what i do often) i'm currently phobia free and now know why people yawn

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Google fun.

I'm addicted to Google. I no longer Google anything health related (well, maybe small things like Vit deficiencies or something but nothing 'scary'). I always Google the actors in programmes I like so I know all the names of nearly all the actors in all the programmes I like ha. I also Google things such as 'Stephen Kings scariest book' or something similar as I want to get back into reading properly.

So really, "Stay away from Google" should just be "Don't Google health issues" as like you say it can be fun and fill a bit time.

I always get a few laughs typing sentence/question starters into the google box because the suggestions that follow below (google offers suggestions) are all based on what people typically ask/search for a lot! So you can type "Why does" and google will autosuggest all these weird things based on what other people search. It gives me a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I always get a few laughs typing sentence/question starters into the google box because the suggestions that follow below (google offers suggestions) are all based on what people typically ask/search for a lot! So you can type "Why does" and google will autosuggest all these weird things based on what other people search. It gives me a chuckle.
    Yeah i do the same there's also a free game called google feud which is really entertaining x

I try not to google anything health related, especially as I know that health professionals don't really like dealing with folks who are half informed and making all sorts of health assumptions.

I do read up on any drugs that Im prescribed though as Im always interested in side effects and being pre warned.

I was always too nervous to read about possible med side effects, because like health symptoms searching always gave worst case scenario as well as best.

But when I had to start taking levothyroxine for an underactive thyroid I did look it up and it said not to take it with propranolol (beta blocker) which I was already on. I panicked and checked with the pharmacist who said it wasn't dangerous, just that levothyroxine is more effective taken a few hours before eating, drinking or other meds, yet the doctor never told me when prescribing it for the first time, so it was good that I'd read up on it after all.

ISB
    Last edited by Catherine S; 16-01-17 at 12:48. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I try not to google anything health related, especially as I know that health professionals don't really like dealing with folks who are half informed and making all sorts of health assumptions.

I do read up on any drugs that Im prescribed though as Im always interested in side effects and being pre warned.
    I have a phobia about taking meds and alwAys google looking for reviews from other people.

There may be 6000 good reviews and then I find just one that's not and its enough to stop me from taking the meds. Nightmare....

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybecks View Post
    I have a phobia about taking meds and alwAys google looking for reviews from other people.

There may be 6000 good reviews and then I find just one that's not and its enough to stop me from taking the meds. Nightmare....
    I'm like that in regards to weight gain. If a medication causes weight gain in even 1% of people there's no way I'd even try it. I gained weight on Fluoxetine, Citalopram and Paroxetine, all 'rarely' cause weight gain apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybecks View Post

That's me right there, i got put on birth control by my doctor in September and i still haven't taken a single one

I'm so happy I saw this thread today.
    I was have jitters in my arms and I went to google "Why do limbs shake in certain positions?"
    And as I was typing "Why do li..." google suggested "Why do limes not have seeds" And I was like, "hm. I have never thought about that."

So now I am going to try, if I am googling HA things, to see what other path google wants to take me down and at least go there for a few minutes in hopes that it will distract me enough to lessen the intensity of the anxiety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information