Thread: 18 year old struggling

18 year old struggling

Hi guys, I ate my first weed brownie 3 months ago and I haven't been right since I keep getting these weird sensations of everything feeling off and different like my brain doesn't work anymore and that I have no existence and I constantly question my existence all the time. I can't seem to come to terms with it all like why do we live why do I look different in the mirror and what is this world all about. I would really like some tips on how to get rid of this horrible strange feeling. Because at night times I'm always in a subconscious sleep and can never have a good sleep at the moment I just want my old happy confident life back please reply guys.

Re: 18 year old struggling

Hello!
    I also got my DPDR 2 months ago from smoking weed. First I want to say, you are not going crazy or anything, it is just that weed triggered your flight and fight response and this is the weird result (your brain thinks you are under threat 24/7.) Yes, it feels really weird to see everything so differently, but it is normal with DPDR.
    About the thoughts, you just have to ignore them and not pay attention to them. They are mere thoughts and nothing else. It is just that your logical side of the brain is trying to find out why you are feeling so bad so it gives you these ideas, but those are just ideas your unconscious mind brings up as it itself does not understand that you are under DPDR feelings. Just ignore the thoughts, accept the fact that you have DPDR and that it won't be permanent. You won't be cured in a day and it is gradual process of recovery. For me personally, I feel lot better than I felt 2 months ago when this all started. Also your worrying about it makes it lot worser than it actually is, when you stop worrying about it and accept it, it gets lot better and in time it will slowly fade and you will return back to normal.
    One more thing is that normal people do not get prolonged DPDR after using marijuana. In fact, DPDR is not part of marijuana, it is just that marijuana triggers it for people with underlying problems. For me, it was childhood trauma that has made my flight and fight response work faulty, activating it when it is not needed.
    Just try to understand how your childhood could have influenced this, like, if you have experienced at least some form of childhood trauma or neglect or anything like that, it is most likely that you as a child disociated from those problems by going into this DPDR state.

Thread Information