Thread: mirtazapine

mirtazapine

I was on mirtazapine 15mg with no real problems, just sleepiness, which was ok. Then I went up to 30mg and within a few days I felt awful and now I'm in a constant panic (which I'm attempting to treat with diazapam). I've read of one other person who experienced panic attacks when going up to 30mg of mirtazapine but it doesn't seem a usual side effect.

I stopped taking mirtazapine dead when I couldn't cope with the panic anymore, unfortunately it's not stopped the panic and I'm still really struggling through the days.

Of course, being under the NHS, I can't see my shrink until friday (at the earliest!) so I just had to make the decision for myself.

ren

hi ren

if you stopped the mirtazapine suddenly, you may be experiencing some withdrawal effects.
    i have recently (just yesterday) had my last mirtazapine and had reduced over a week from 45mg. I have had horrible nausea and anxiety.

just try to remember it's probably just the meds side effects

hey ren

i was on 30mg of mirtazapine and gotta say wen i did start it i felt really anxious and panicy but after a month or so it calmed down and i was fine, then the doc upped the dose to 45mg and i started to feel anxiety again but agen it went away after a month or so and i feel great now.

u should really keep taking ur medication coz it does take from 1 to 2 month to hit its peak and some ppl do feel worse b4 they start feeling better.

hope everything goes ok watever u do.

Carter

thanks for replying carter.

I honestly couldn't cope with the panic that I was feeling so I felt I had to stop it, it might not have been the right decision but my anxiety was so caught up with that little salmon pill that even the thought of taking it again makes me shiver.

ren

I too dont know what to do re Mirtazapine. I started on 15mg for a week then 30mg for 3 weeks and now nearly 5 weeks on 45mg. The panic is still awful which was the reason for taking them in the first place. I tried 2 other A/Ds before which made me worse. The GPs says to continue and it will get better but they said that before and it didnt! How is one supposed to cope on a daily basis in the hope it may get better and what to do if it doesnt!

going to see doc in 30 minshad to take 2 diaszpant

ian brinkler

can you tell me how 4 mg should make you feel as they do not seem to of helped me

ian brinkler

hi ren,

i have been on mirtazapine for 2 years now and i remember once increasing the dose and it made me feel loopy and panicky, i eventually went back to my normal dosage which in the end worked for me and now i have just recently weaned myself off them and at the moment i am having a little nausea but nothing much.

i know exactly how you feel as i felt the same and io went into complete panic

hope you feel better soon

take care

ruth x x

Hi,

I've been on mirtazapine for depression/insomnia caused by the Tinnitus I am suffering. I only took 15mg per night but it was fine. Maybe try and reduce the dosage, this should help. I did put on some weight when taking that though, did anyone else experience this?

Seph

Thread Information