Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toothache Anxiety!!!

Toothache Anxiety!!!

I have had a bad tooth for ages now and today its worse than ever severe pain and very uncomfortbale and feels like i have abit of swelling around the gum.

I worry that i have a tooth abcess but i know your face swells right up when you get one of these.

I know a tooth abcess can cause blood poisoning and kill you and im really worried at the moment i havent got a dentist and i have got to wait 2-3 weeks to have it removed what if i get a tooth abcess and get blood poisoning and die by then?

I am very worried i just hope i will be ok, my gum is sore and red and like i say have alittle swelling but i have been using alot of antibacterial mouthwash and warm salt water.

I heard all the bacteria from the abcess goes into your blood stream and can kill you very quickly.

Ive never had an abcess before but i dont want to get one i am really worried right now and feeling very uncomfortbale with my face and tooth and gums hurting and im in pain even with taking strong painkillers.

I have never heard that it can kill you atall!

That is nonsense

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

**I heard all the bacteria from the abcess goes into your blood stream and can kill you very quickly**

Wherever you heard it - it is wrong information.

Incidentally if you go to your GP they can give you antibiotics in the meanwhile so when you can get to a dentist appt its ready for treatment

Of course its not good for your general health to have rotting teeth but it will not 'kill you quickly'

http:// www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge /topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3773
    http:// www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge /topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5272

Maenwhile get some oil of cloves or brandy on it .

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Well on www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk under blood poisoning it says under complications that if enought bacteria from a tooth abcess gets into your bloodstream its life threatening and can kill you.

Not quickly and not before a huge amount of serious pain and swelling where you would be forced to seek help form A+E .

It also takes time for an infection to accumulate in the blood stream and you would be a very all over sick person first with raging fevers and rigors.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Any tips how to prevent an infection from getting into the blood stream or prevent anything serious happening?

Get some antibiotics from A+E/ GP

See a dentist asap. Your FHSA can find you one for emergency treatment.

Meg

Hi my advice would be the same as Meg, get some antibiotics from your doctor and find a dentist ASAP. If you tell them its an emergency, they may fit you in?

The longer you leave it, the worse it will get.

Once, it is sorted, you will have no pain, to enjoy things again, without an added worry, that can be sorted out.

Good luck

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Hope you get it sorted Andrew

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

i know how u feel i have abad tooth that keeps getting infected andgiving me toothache, and my partner told me it could kill me and i hate the dentisit but i went and he gave me antibotics and it went away, i also asked him if it could kill me and he said no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information