Thread: Sharp pain in left wrist

Sharp pain in left wrist

that travels right up arm . Like a short sharp shock that takes your breath away. Also when I least expecting it I get a sharp ache in left arm muscle. Why is it always the left side ! I know its not my heart as have had it checked. I know its anxiety but why is it always left side ??

hi Edster,

I have had many aches like this in the past and they have always been on my left side: left side of chest and left arm pain. I have no idea why. It is normal to have muscle pains because we are often tense due to anxiety. Don't worry - I'm sure it's nothing more than this..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Edster,
    Yes, it is definately anxiety, nothing to do with your heart, and i agree, when i get this pain, wrist and arm, it is never in my right arm...have you been doing anything different lately, exercise? slept on it? lifted anything a little heavy? as you say your heart has been checked and is fine, so it's that horrid anxiety creeping in again, drives us mad!!!!!

sitting here I think I realise why in left arm. I am leaning on it all the time when on PC !

the PC thing may well have a lot to do with it. While at work I use the PC all day, and mostly use numbers on spreadsheets, so use right hand for the mouse, and the number pad, and like you lean my head on my left hand with my elbow on the table. I get pins and needles in my left hand all the time but never in my right

I think it might also be my mind playing tricks to a small degree as I know the heart related problems would affect my left side more than my right, so my mind is focusing more on any little pain or twitch there. I often get aches in my left foot, but never my right.

Very weird!!

I understand these symptoms too...

I get pains in my left hand/wrist/arm all the time and the symptoms come and go. Sometimes I feel my arm is cold or tingling and other times I feel it is my wrist is sore and travelling up my arm. I always wonder why it is always my left arm and not my right but I think because we always think the worst... our mind plays tricks with us. We have read that pains in the left arm can mean heart problems so thats why we have the feeelings on the left side.

You are not alone with these symptoms.

sadie

Well done on figureing it out..

Heart pains dont start at the wrist and go upwards

If you're spending many hours at the Pc you may want to consider exercises to prevent RSI

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thread Information