Thread: Cbt

Cbt

Hi there I'm wondering how many have tried cbt? Do you find it works?

Re: Cbt

I'm currently having CBT therapy! I have seen improvements in the way I think about things and understanding more about how anxiety works. I'm not saying it's a magical cure as I still have a long way to go but I'd certainly say CBT has helped! Xx

Im in the process of starting CBT but my extreme phone phobia is stopping me from doing the initial phone assessment.

It's been a week, they've called everyday, I just haven't got the confidence to to take the call
    Last edited by J220; 18-08-16 at 19:45.

Hello how are you feeling? I've just completed 5 CBT sessions I've seen an improvement and learned to stop running from difficult situations it's still a working progress but would recommend even if you can't manage it you will have the tools for the future when you feel ready. I was scared about the phone appointment aswell but my therapist made me feel great knowing you've took the first step an answering the call will make you feel amazing after it xx

If you have been offered CBT I would encourage you to take it and find out if its for you.

I have had 2 courses of CBT and I found that it certainly made sense, what was being posed and dealing with warped thinking did focus the mind. I could see the logic but it wasnt a silver bullet for me and I have struggled to apply the ideas.

I would still recommend taking a look though as it has worked for people

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Do read the CBT4PANIC threads that are pinned in this forum above.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696

Thread Information