Thread: Anyone else fear beibg possessed?

Anyone else fear beibg possessed?

This might sound really confusing and might be in a bad subforum so bare with me,
    I always seem to fear being possessed? like it will often affect how I sleep at night, it can't be dark ect, and it honestly keeps me awake sometimes, sometimes I'll have weird thoughts related to it and see weird things(which I know Is possibly my brain just seeing things?) was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with it x

---------- Post added at 01:44 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

Being* excuse me my phone doesn't like me tonight haha

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Anyone else fear beibg possessed?

I can remember one person talking about this on the OCD board last year. She was worried about losing control and harming someone. She was a really nice & caring person, which tends to be the case in those worrying about harming others from what I've seen.

I think this one can overlap into fears about things like schizophrenia since that is a typical one we worry about due to psychosis or delusion.

I also think Magical Thinking can come into play too. Routines aimed at stopping the possession when they could never have an impact.

So much of anxiety is about loss of control and the need to over compensate for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I can remember one person talking about this on the OCD board last year. She was worried about losing control and harming someone. She was a really nice & caring person, which tends to be the case in those worrying about harming others from what I've seen.

I think this one can overlap into fears about things like schizophrenia since that is a typical one we worry about due to psychosis or delusion.

I also think Magical Thinking can come into play too. Routines aimed at stopping the possession when they could never have an impact.

So much of anxiety is about loss of control and the need to over compensate for that.
    Absolutely my experience, and I agree with it all.

It was the main thing that triggered my breakdown, and once I realised how deep a hole i'd dug for myself, it took a while to get out of it.

As Morrissey sang...

Oh, I can smile about it now
    But at the time it was terrible

YES, definitely this is a recurring fear of mine which goes through phases and can be really intense and triggered by something and then goes away for a while. I know it's horrible :(

Thread Information