Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help

Re: Please help

We've all had it in our house over Xmas.

My mum had hers earlier with mine but it has come back again worse like yours, Mary. She gets it like sometimes and it lingers. She's mid seventies now but has had colds like that since her sixties.

She's even had coughs lasting months before but she also has asthma. If you get a persistent cough there are many things they can be, my mum won't even bother with a doctor for ages because she's so used to them.

Just keep getting lots of vitamin C. It will help. Rest up, plenty of fluids and let your body sort itself out.

With having asthma our GP's have always told us to look for signs of chest infection like yellow/green mucus. If it's clear, they always said it's not a sign. They told us that many years ago because our asthma needed antibiotics when there was an infection. I'm luckily beating such things these days with just extra vitamin C.

Re: Please help

Thank you again for your replies, I really do appreciate your help. Chris, I hope you are fully recovered soon. I must say, I am feeling much better now. Although the cough, especially at night, is still quite bad and I also get this pain in one side of my head each morning, I think it is coming from my neck. I have had problems before with a trapped nerve and do suffer from arthritis is my neck.
    Chris, thank you for the advice about vitamin C supplements, my daughter suggested I starting taking them too.
    Thank you all again xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information