Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALS fear

ALS fear

Hi my name is Timur,

Firstly I am 19 year old male. I am generally prone to anxiety and recently experinced periods of anxiety. Today in the morning I experinced a weird weakness in all muscles including leg, arm, whirst and even neck. It get worse then I read about ALS. It is not like I lost ability to do something. It is just a incomfortable feeling in the muscles like they are weak and uncontrollable. I feel like they are more heavy than normal, like it is harder to control them. But this doesn't result in funciton loss as I can play basketball or do other activities. It is like overall dizyness in muscles. This feeling is accompanied with nail biting that seems to done automaticaly by me than I worry about ALS. I was experincing nothing like this until today. Plus 1-2 days ago I food poisoned and vomited and didn't eat properly 2-3 days. Can this explain overall weakness in muscles?

Re: ALS fear

ALS would not effect all of your muscles at the same time. Doesn't work that way. You don't have it.

Perhaps you're just tired? Stressed? Not eating right? Experiencing psychosomatic symptoms? Impossible to say, but it sounds benign.

It absolutely does not sound anything like how ALS presents. You don't have ALS.

Is it ALS season at the moment?

Yea definitely. Food poisoning can really take it out of you.

Plus, ALS wouldn't attack every muscle at once. It simply is impossible and you definitely don't have ALS.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    Perhaps you're just tired? Stressed? Not eating right? Experiencing psychosomatic symptoms? Impossible to say, but it sounds benign.

It absolutely does not sound anything like how ALS presents. You don't have ALS.

Is it ALS season at the moment?
    Seems it. Wonder why.

Thank you for answers. I know that i sound stupid but that anxiety I experienced today was very overwhelming. People are worring mostly about ALS because it's symptoms can be easily generated by anxiety and ALS is a terrible disease! Despite knowing this, my anxious mind always finds scary thougts.

Last question about ALS:
    Does this ilness start from a specific muscle, say right arm. Or can its onset be on both arms and both legs at the same time?

ALS is failing not feeling. Means you still have control of these muscles which is not ALS. Maybe sore maybe tired but you can still control them.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Timur9717 View Post
    Thank you for answers. I know that i sound stupid but that anxiety I experienced today was very overwhelming. People are worring mostly about ALS because it's symptoms can be easily generated by anxiety and ALS is a terrible disease! Despite knowing this, my anxious mind always finds scary thougts.

Last question about ALS:
    Does this ilness start from a specific muscle, say right arm. Or can its onset be on both arms and both legs at the same time?
    As far as I know it starts in one limb usually. I think very rarely it can start in both limbs at one time. and I don't think it starts in arm and leg at same time.

And like you said your anxious mind is thinking the worst. Anxious mind equal anxiety. And if you haven't seen most people on this site has worried about having ALS at some time or another.

This feeling is on all 4 limbs and it all started this morning.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193625

Lots of good information on this thread that was started the other day. It should help clear up any questions you may have. I would type out my responses again but I don't want to sound like a broken record

Not ALS, you're safe
    Most likely just weak from being unwell.
    I also get jelly muscle/ weakness feelings when my anxiety is peaking.
    Just rest up and get some strength back.

ALS is summed up in three words...

Failing not Feeling.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information