Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest feedback about the CBT4PANIC programme

Honest feedback about the CBT4PANIC programme

Hi everyone

Hopefully you all may have noticed the revised sticky at the top of this page explaining the changes to the CBT programme recommended here at nomorepanic

The programme has already helped a lot of members on the forum but to be honest I am still confused at why more people don't try it out. There are lots of people here discussing CBT, many are on long waiting lists for treatment and so on.

Yet here is a professional CBT programme which can be tried right now - completely free for 30 days - books, videos, audios, and professional support and still many people are reluctant to give it a try.

I naively imagined that people would be falling over themselves to get such a chance.

I would be extremely grateful to anyone if they could share their feelings about the programme - good or bad. The bottom line is I want to help people recover but first I need to know how to convince people that this is a genuine programme well worth trying.

many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Robin Hall (co-author of CBT4PANIC)

Re: Honest feedback about the CBT4PANIC programme

A very interesting post, thank you

I would love to try the course and to help out. The problem is that I'm suffering so much with depression at the moment...my motivation to get on with things (even that will help me) is very low right now...

But, I will try to try.

Hi
    Thanks for the reply - if you are also suffering from anxiety/panic you can very easily become depressed - it's very understandable - and once the anxiety is under control the depression can come down.

CBT4PANIC mostly deals with panic disorder and agoraphobia. It is extremely easy to follow the programme because it uses a lot of cartoons and videobooks (the therapist actually takes you through the books in a series of videos)

If you'd like to know more please feel free to ask

Robin

Hi Everyone
    Was just reading my first post and thinking that maybe I worded it incorrectly.

It may read that I am looking for feedback on the programme itself

I am actually looking for feedback on why people may not be willing to try the programme in the first place - if you have anxiety and are curious about CBT is there a reason why you may be reluctant to try CBT4PANIC.

This would help me make changes that might help more people.

Many thanks
    Robin

Hey Robin,

To answer the intended question, I was very reluctant to try CBT4PANIC because most of us are all too familiar with the Linden Method, Panic Away, etc. I'm one of those shameful individuals who was bitten, and is now twice shy. I did initially look at the CBT4PANIC website through this forum, but dismissed it as being in the same vein as the aforementioned.

Despite the fact that it's a fraction of the price of these other... things, cost is prohibitive as anxiety has left me housebound and unable to work for a long time.

With the offer of the 30 day free trial, and the three monthly instalments, I actually requested that my partner order the programme for me on trial, and if it was good, they, and my family would group together and pay for it as a birthday present for me.

To answer the unintended question, I got the programme 3 days ago and have worked through it all, cover to cover of each workbook, every video, and every audio. I've now started seriously using workbook one, and will move on to workbook 2 when it's all sunk in.

Today, I sat through an entire day of college and even managed to get on a bus home by myself, despite months of struggling through a relapse into panic and agoraphobia. I left my Valium at home, and floated through the panic with just the .pdf workbook to fall back on. Everyone has noticed the difference in me, and everyone is really excited for me.

CBT has failed for me before, because of a difficult and expensive relationship with my therapist. Group therapy was successful, but funding was withdrawn after a few sessions. I've worked through the Linden Method and gotten much worse, while Mr. Linden got much richer.

The approach of this programme is very different to that of others. There are no ridiculous time limits, it encourages you to make your own SMART targets, and there aren't 12 or more complicated steps involved. The videos together with the workbooks mean that it's almost like having a therapist there with you, but the whole course is the same price as a single session in my area. The illustrations are amazing, and I've actually found myself giggling as I remember them while feeling flashes of panic.

I'll definitely be recommending this, and would like to say thank you.

If I didn't have the charity of loved ones to fall back on, I do feel that the two factors that would stop me from trying the programme would be the fear that it's just like other programmes out there, and the payment options. Possibly some tasters of the course and a longer payment plan option would convince me, in that case.

Kam

In my view, I think to myself at first, Yes this may be what I need to help me on my way...and then my anxiety goes no no no! and I suddenly feel better. This has happened a number of times when confronted with a new anxiety technique.
    Also, I genuinely can't "get round" to these things, I'm far to wrapped up in myself to help myself most of the time. If that makes sense.
    Can I ask, is it non complicated and fast to sign up to? Or are there loads of details and forms and terms and conditions to do?

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

From personal experience, it's not complicated to sign up to. Took me around a minute after figuring out to click the Union Flag to change it to GBP before ordering, and had the email with my login details for the programme immediately. The workbooks are really easy to follow, and the videos that compliment it.

Hi Mr Jitters

Thank you for the feedback - I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to reply - and fantastic that the programme is working for you - that's all that matters

I had guessed that people may be wary about 'another' online anxiety programme but was hoping that NMPs endorsement would put minds at rest.

This forum have been very brave to back this knowing that people may be up in arms but they are backing it for good reason - it's a professional programme - they tested it and like yourself they found that it really does work.

Anyway - thanks again for sharing your experience with the programme and I will keep your suggestions in mind. Good luck with the rest of the books and feel free to ask questions.

Cheers
    Robin

Pancho - I hope you give it a try - it's easy to access and very very easy to follow - I had panic disorder myself so I do understand how hard it is to concentrate or get motivated. Now that you know that others here are finding it helpful what have you got to lose.

We at NMP are supporting Robin all the way with this programme as it really is fantastic and Robin has made it as cheap as possible for everyone.

Robin kindly donates some money each time you purchase his programme through the correct link that is in his post on here as well so he is also giving back to the members on NMP by supporting the running costs.

Thanks Robin

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Looks good, i might give it a go, as im always trying to read info to help myself with my anxiety and panic attacks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information