Thread: Headspace Meditation?

Headspace Meditation?

Has anybody tried the Headspace meditation site or app? If so, how do you rate it as a guided way to get into mindfulness meditation?

Re: Headspace Meditation?

Just started it yesterday! I can't give an opinion on it yet, but I thought the first day was good. I just have the free 10 day version at the moment. It was recommended to me by a friend and a CBT therapist. Need to remember to do day 2!

Headspace is brilliant

Does anyone know if you 10 free days are ok on their own or do you need to subscribe?

The free ten days are good but I subscribed because I wanted to take it further. I personally think it's well worth the money, but do the free ten and see what you think.

Hi there. I'm a hypnotherapist and trained myself in mindfulness through Headspace and Puddicombe's book on the topic. I combined this with gestalt therapy's "zones of awareness" and use the two techniques to good effect with clients. So, I'm saying that I'd recommend it.

Best wishes

Paul

I have been doing a six week Mindfulness Course through my local Mental Health Authority currently on week 5 and I have been using the HeadSpace app as a top up to help me, I have personally found the app very helpful, the guy Andy who takes you through the course has a very calming soothing voice and for that 10 mins it seems to help my anxiety and depression. When I have some spare money I will definitely be subscribing as I think it is something I will stick to doing and I feel it can benefit my state of mind in the future. The app was updated about a week ago and there is lots of new content and videos so I would definitely give it a try. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Sunnytimes; 12-07-14 at 12:59.

I have taken advantage of the current 99p for 3 months offer.

I find the guided meditations/mindfulness from Andy Puddicome very good. Its certainly a really well thought out programme though Im not sure if I will continue at the full price when I need to as yet.

There is a ten for ten start up that is completely free as well. It will give folks a feel for Headspace as a resource.

Headspace is good, its cheap and with different aspects to choose from, helpful.

Plus it is always there, 24/7.

Thread Information