Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emphasema/COPD

Re: Emphasema/COPD

i had a ct last year april a double one and didnt have it and then I go and smoke a gram of crack.... didnt smoke that crap in 7 years.... ugh why am I so stupid... I ruled it out once now i need another ct I guess to find out...

**Saw a article that states it takes years to develop them, like you guys said. So question is can it logically be caused from one night of smoking a drug and nothing up to then since the ct?
    I was told my ct was "fine" It was to look for copd and emphysema last year on april or march. Just asking, not sure if any of us can accurately figure that out.**
    Last edited by senalarose; 04-03-16 at 14:04.

any opinions?

No - you cannot have it from one night of smoking. Do you have therapy or meds for your health anxiety?

clonazapam, i just am freaked out. I get hotflashes just from simple exertion also. Its just when I lay down it is not as bad but once I move im in trouble.

So copd/emphasema doesn't appear from a bad night 12hours) of being stupid if my ct was good othe than asthma last March? I am thankful and will never drink and smoke crack again I'm terrified at 28 finally moving forward.

And meds. My Dr is bad on meds he is referring me to a phyc 1 yr wait so 12 months from jan

COPD/emphysema comes on after many many years of smoking!

Ask your doc for a full lung function test or at least a spirometry test to put the matter to bed once and for all.

I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad and I know how scary it is when you're feeling that there's something really wrong

Els

Was really worried, I had a ct last march for this same issue. I had a colourful past for 5 years plus worked demolition young with improper protection {was young and unaware of the rules and safety issues} and been around smoking growing up with my parents for 20 years. Top it off had smoking for 8 or 7 years but quit now 5 years.

I had a respirologist last year also in march and he said I had adult asthma and ordered the ct and said the lungs were fine.

**Just was concerned that one stupid night would destroy the great ct and haunt
    me.

I am on a good path now {behaving since 5 years ago had a bad experience that changed my life for the better I hope. Sobriety lead to all this anxiety and I am trying to cope without help but after 5 years now agree, it is time for a medical item to help me.

**I appreciate these constant replies, As more and more insist that it is impossible I feel much better. My dr is ordering for a respirologist to talk to me again but that can take months {drs dont have the test in office in canada}
    Last edited by senalarose; 05-03-16 at 10:43.

I started smoking Marijuana and meth at age 16. Quit at age 19. Started smoking cigarettes at 14. Am almost 37 and still smoke them. I have had chest x-rays because of bronchial infections I get every now and then. No COPD or Emphysema here. If you just had an x-ray last march, one night of smoking Crack will not give you these diseases. You're good, it's your anxiety talking. Face it head on and repeat "this is just anxiety....it is uncomfortable but cannot hurt me". I know it sounds cheesy...but the more you tackle it head on the easier it will be for you to move on and conquer your anxiety. ☺

That being said....stay away from narcotic substances. In my experience....they make panic worse every time!

thank you again. I tried it in the past but not so much all at once just here and there a hit while drinking my my days for 5 yrs. Ive dont stupid things but I cleaned up 5 years back and I slipped up just once, t definitely doesnt feel the same anymore. Scared the crap out of me. Thank you for telling me your experiences also it helps alot. I will not be drinking anymore, led to a stupid choice

I had a x-ray this feb they said there was no signs of sickness, but my chest hurts and breathless with hot flashes.

I am accepting medical help once I get that chance {1yr, but I cannot wait to feel relief}

My lungs are fragile is what I was told in the past like a appointment with my dr. He says the same as you. Just trying to belive that im not that one unique person who got copd after having great scans and tests a year before.

you guys are really helping, the more knowledge I gain the better I feel. I just don;t know why my chest hurts, and they did a breath out hard test and listened, I have some noise. They say im fine and its probably asthma from the substance. Its just I read about that crack, they say holding it in long and such burns my aveoli and then im done and have lung disease. I know i helped in about 20 breaths with it..

I just wish I never did this, I was in the wrong mind set you know. I found lyrica today and am going to ask my dr about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information