Thread: Anxiety Self Help

Anxiety Self Help

1 Method

Most of us through out our lives have experience stress or just feeling anxious. Sometimes when we are so worried about something in our lives in ends up we have an anxiety attack over it. That feeling when you first have one is such a horrible experience we don’t know what is happening to us which makes us feel even more anxiety because we panic and don’t understand what’s happening.

Some symptoms’ may include heart palpitations’, sweaty hands, a feeling that we want to run. You can experience many different sensations through out the body. Then once we experience this then we get scared about it happening again so then we end up in a viscous circle of being worried about having an anxiety attack and then when we do have one we hold on to it, or tense up and so it prolongs the anxiety attack even further. So we tend to live each day worrying about whether it’s going to happen again.

I have experience all this myself and felt it was just controlling my life. Till one day I said to myself is anxiety attacks going to control me or am I going to control anxiety attacks. I found a couple of books and read them. These are couple of points that helped me.

• The biggest and best you can do is first let it go. When you have an anxiety attack just allow it to happen, don’t hold on to it. I know that it is very hard to do but believe me when I first let it go I could not believe how fast it went away. Just allow it to happen, feel what’s happening in your body, don’t hold on to what’s happening just let it go.

• By breathing normally or best is have a mint, eat something, or start talking or sing to the music. It tends to get your breathing back to normal. That is one of the reasons we feel light headed or dizzy when we have an anxiety attack is because we are breathing so fast there is to much oxygen in the brain. So concentrate on your breathing and just breathe nice and slow.

• Vitamin B complex is great it helps you relax, get out and do more exercise it helps you release your frustrations it also induces endorphin’s which is the feel good hormone that is released through the body when we exercise. Notice after you exercise how good and relaxed you feel.

• Take time out in your life each day and think about your life, are you happy? What could you do to make it change? Ask yourself these questions, only you can make yourself happy. Don’t rely on others to make you happy that is not their responsibility it’s yours. So take control of your life and don’t allow others to control you.

• EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a great technique to use. You can use it in all aspects of your life. From Anxiety Attacks, Health, fitness, wealth. Go to emofree there is a wealth of information there for you to get started with this great technique.

Just remember Anxiety is not a physical condition it is an emotional condition and it’s a way for your body to tell you that your mind is not healthy. So take what your body is saying to you and do something about it before it does turn into physical sickness in your body. I experienced anxiety for about 10 years myself; I have been there and done that. I never thought I could get rid of it. Until one day I made the decision that I am going to control it, it’s not going to control me.

Buy some books read them, take the advice and try what they say. You DON’T need drugs to control anxiety only you can control Anxiety.

“Change happens not by making ourselves change but by realizing what’s not working”

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

2nd Method

This world is no doubt a stressful place to live in. So many people spend their precious time working at jobs with long hours, raising children, paying for a house, trying to save for the future and dealing with a constant flow of bills. Yeah, when it's put that way, life sounds a bit more stressful than most of us would like it to be. No wonder so many individuals every year suffer from random anxiety panic attacks. All the stress they grapple with on a daily basis can certainly bring about such undesirable reactions. The key is balancing life's issues and getting help.

How do you deal with the infinite stresses of life? One way to approach this subject so that you don't suffer from anxiety panic attacks in the future is by taking a deep breath every once in a while. Naturally this is somewhat of a metaphor. However, there is much to be said about stopping to take a break and just clear your mind. If you are one of the millions of individuals that routinely have to grapple with anxiety panic attacks and other stress related issues, then it's prudent to acquire assistance from a professional. There are a few different ways to approach this topic/burden. Maybe you'd feel comfortable seeing a psychiatrist. He/she has the training and knowledge to help you deal with anxiety panic attacks. The key is pinpointing a great doctor who can truly assist you in remedying your dilemma. Start by seeking a professional out on the web. There is likely a few located in your area. A second route is physical and mental healing through massage therapy and acupuncture. This can also assist with anxiety panic attacks. The key is releasing much of the stress and angst from your body and mind, hence allowing you to relax.

Most businesses and professionals regarding anxiety panic attacks can be located online in this day and age. Therefore it's wise to access the web and see which ones you can find in your town or city. Call several to inquire about rates, which are often left off of websites. It's high time you got your stress levels and anxiety issues in order to improve your overall health and happiness.

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 ----------

3rd Method

If you have ever had anxiety panic attacks in your life, you have known mortal fear. I never realized how serious an anxiety panic attack was until I had my first. I don't know if anxiety attacks run in families, but in mine they sure do. My mother used to have them all the time. By all the time, of course, I mean once a month, but it seemed often enough. After one of her anxiety attacks, things were not the same for weeks. It could happen anywhere, and her reactions were unpredictable. Sometimes, she would start screaming at us hysterically. Other times, she would get confused and disoriented. The worst of them, strangely enough, were the times when she just simply broke down in sobs. She would get so upset, and nothing we could say or do would change it.

Growing up, I thought she was just crazy. To tell you the truth, I sort of resented her for her anxiety panic disorder attacks. I felt like she was emotionally holding my family hostage. I didn't realize that anxiety panic attacks were beyond her control, or if I did realize it, I did not pay attention to that fact.

So when, around the age of 25 I developed anxiety panic attacks, it was a terrifying experience. Suddenly, I realized what mortal terror was. When you have an anxiety panic attack, you can't do anything. You can't think, you can't act, you can't control your thoughts and emotions. Sometimes, you are so completely overwhelmed that you can lose control of your own behavior. Losing that kind of control is a truly terrifying experience.

Fortunately, there are more treatments for anxiety panic attacks than there were when my mother first got her symptoms. First of all, of course, there are anxiety support groups. These are a great way of dealing with the difficulty that anxiety panic attacks place on your life. People in your support group are really the only people who can surely understand you. Aside from that, the drugs have gotten much better. Anxiety treatment is better than it has ever been before, and every year they seem to be coming out with new drugs.

Aside from drugs, however, there are some pretty interesting and novel treatments. There is therapy of course, and there is also hypnosis. You hear very different things about the effectiveness of hypnosis in treating anxiety panic attacks. Some people swear by it, but others aren't so sure. So far, I have had some positive results with it, but it is too soon to tell.

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 ----------

4th Method
    There are many things that you can do to fight against anxiety and panic attacks, so if you suffer from this difficult and disabling condition, never fear. Although anxiety and panic attack are really very serious problems, help is available. Nevertheless, if you have been suffering from panic attack and anxiety for a good long time, the situation can seem hopeless. This can make people start to give up on finding a cure that works for them, which is probably the worst thing that can happen to someone who is afflicted with these ailments. Let's face it; without hope, even the most modern and well developed cures are likely to do nothing or next to nothing to help anyone suffering from anxiety and panic attack.

The type of treatment that you receive for anxiety and panic attack may depend on the kind of expert who you consult to treat your ailment. Many doctors are fond of just handing out scripts for pills and hoping that they immediately solve the problem. This is often true even in the case of panic attacks in children. Although these medications can really very often do quite a bit of good against anxiety and panic attack, more often they are not enough in and of themselves. Usually, to fully treat anxiety and panic attack, a deeper look is required - one that goes all the way to the root of the problem, and not just to the surface.

Therapy is one of the leading treatments of anxiety and panic attack. It is often combined with medication to provide a two pronged approach to helping whoever is suffering. It works like this: the medication gets the anxiety and panic attack under control so that the person can more calmly reflect on what is going wrong for them. Then the therapy gets to the roots of the anxiety and panic attack to really provide the kind of help and compassion that can not come through just popping a pill.

Another approach to treating anxiety and panic attacks is to use herbal supplements. These are often combined with good nutrition, or even a specially designed diet to help treat the condition. Many people believe that diet can have a deep and profound effect on the mood, and so having proper nutrition can do wonders to help you against your anxiety and panic attack. Good luck, and never give up!

Re: Anxiety Self Help

Not sure why anyone hasn't replied to this yet, it was extremely in-depth and helpful. Thanks very much! I am also a believer in natural remedies for anxiety. The blog post in my sig pretty much saved me during a time of despair when I felt like my options were running out. SSRIs weren't working for me and benzos were too addictive. I found the top three anxiety remedies post below and purchased Chamomile Comfort. I'm now more relaxed than I have been in years.

Re: Anxiety Self Help

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan23 View Post
    Not sure why anyone hasn't replied to this yet
    Probably because he registered to post a few threads with information lifted off health sites and then has never come back. Since he lists himself as a doctor, I would expect something of a more medical nature than info anyone can get off a million self help sites.

Thread Information