Hi all,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this, I'm at my wits end and need some advice. I have been taking Venlafaxine XR for about 11 years now. Firstly I started on 37.5mg which worked well, but I went through a messy split up and ended up on 75mg. I continued on this dose until 2 years ago, when I had a blip with anxiety and the doctor upped my dose to 150mg. I felt really good, but then a year ago my dad died and I managed to keep the anxiety at bay, but the last few weeks I have been feeling really anxious, and it has now come to a head. I spoke to the doctor today, he has increased my venlafaxine up by 37.5mg to 187.5mg. However, I suffer badly with health anxiety and I suffer emetophobia ( fear of vomiting) and this has set my anxiety off even worse as I'm worried about any side effects that may arise with the increased dose. I had no side effects when I started them, or when I increased last time, but I have heard that the next increase can be bad. I would love to hear what you lovely people have to say...