Thread: Alternative treatments - hypnotherapy and pharmagaba

Alternative treatments - hypnotherapy and pharmagaba

Hi all,

As above :-

Having my first intense hypnotherapy session this evening... what's everyone's views on it?

Also anyone taken a gaba supplement before? I have got pharmagaba 200mg supplement - what's people's views on that?

Happy worrying :-)

Ben

Re: Alternative treatments - hypnotherapy and pharmagaba

I love hypnotherapy.

Even considered becoming a hypnotherapist while at Uni.

I have thought of trying it for my anxiety and OCD.

GABA is banned in the UK, it has been for ages. Sadly the politicians went on a knee jerk banning spree many years ago and because GABA has some similarities to GHB, they banned it too without finding out if there was any real issue.

Oops on the banned substance.. to be honest it doesn't seem to do much at the moment...

I'm going for my intense hypnotherapy session today for 2 hours... I have got high hopes for this :-) had one yesterday as a taster session!

Self-hypnosis is something I used to laugh at.

But having done it regularly, and quite intensely at times over the past fews months, I can highly recommend it.

If I wake up in the night, and can't get back to sleep, I do it then.

I loop through positive affirmations, and suggestions, and shut-out all other thought. Its a bit like mantra meditation.

One morning I woke up laughing, and felt amazing.

Don't worry about the banned bit, I just wanted to make you aware. After it was banned I ordered it more than once without realising. It's on a very low category (Schedule 4, I think) hence why no one tends to care about seizing them from what I can tell.

You will just find it is coming from outside the UK because of the ban, although companies can appear to be UK sellers.

From the science, they reckon GABA can't pass the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) so you have to supply more of the precursor (along with anything it needs to pass over) to allow your brain to create more GABA. But, I've taken GABA and within minutes I felt very positive and this was back in my weight training says, long before I even had anxiety and things didn't affect me back then when I took them so I definitely wasn't sensitive to anything. It might have been a higher dose though with it being more for training, it's so long ago I can't remember.

Thread Information