The past month or longer I've been dealing with some really bad anxiety, mainly to do with sleep. Every time I'd drift off, it would feel like I couldn't breath and the cycle would repeat itself. So the doctor gave me 1mg lorazepam for a month to take at night. She also gave me Citalopram for long term use. It's almost a week now I've been on 10g citalopram (I might ask the doctor to up my dose next week) but I'm still needing the lorazepam to sleep. I get very anxious around 9pm, almost the verge of a panic attack (I guess because my body knows it soon be time to go to bed) so I don't really get a chance to try and sleep without the lorazepam.

I did try half a dose one night the week (0.5mg) but it didn't do much. I'm guessing because my body is now use to 1mg. I'm going on my third week using them, but the doctor said it was fine to use them when needed untill the citalopram kicks in, but I'm worried that might take another month or so and I really, REALLY don't want to be on the lorazepam that long.

I also have two big Christmas parties coming up in a month's time, which I was really looking forward to and from my understand you can't drink any alcohol on benzos. So I'm worried I'm going to miss out on those nights as well. I don't mind drinking with only Citalopram because I don't drink to get drunk anyways, just enough to put myself in a good mood and dance, but I don't want to have just one drink and pass out or black out either.