Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salt Lamps - Anybody used these?

Salt Lamps - Anybody used these?

Hi

I have recently read a story about Himalayan salt lamps being good for anxiety. Does anyone have one of these? It is possible for them to have any real benefit?

Re: Salt Lamps - Anybody used these?

I've heard about these, and would be interested to know the benefits for anxiety.

Me too. I have got one of the inhalers to hopefully help improve my asthma (not tried it yet) so that may bring some benefits too?

Also, they are very pretty things to have as well. I know they act as natural ionisers and help with some things because of that element.

How about salt cave therapy? There are several centres in the UK now. Sit in a salt cave for a bit. I bet it's expensive though. They sit in the original caves abroad for health reasons. Like swimming in the dead sea, I suppose...which is rather struggling through a muddy substance.

I have one on next to my bed as we speak!! I have had it for a couple months now. I have found that I sleep better, dream less, and overall feel less stressed. To be honest, I don't know whether to attribute that to the actual lamp itself, or if all the research I did on them worked it's way into my head and caused a placebo effect. Regardless, it's working for me and I love it! And as Terry said, they really are quite pretty to look at!! ☺

Thanks for asking about the salt lamps Kathryn. I have never heard of salt lamps.
    I will certainly inquire about them. Anything for a good nights sleep x

I have one in my bedroom... it let's off nice light, but other than that I can't say it helps my anxiety... I feel like my anxiety is terrible in the morning which is after I have been in a room with my lamp for several hours.

My husband bought it because it is supposed to counter the positive ions in the air from our electronic devices... with negative ones to cleanse the air.

M

Some cool ones I remember seeing when discussing this no another thread ages ago:

The one fashioned into a tree is very nice.

I did look on Amazon, cannot make my mind up about them. I would not be able to go to sleep with any light on, even if it was dim.

I will get one after Christmas and see how I get on with it.

I have just bought a salt lamp and love it. It gives off a warm light which I find very calming, a little help is better than none for anxiety. Not sure about the other claims they make as I haven't had it long but love the relaxing ambience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information